• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Report Bugs and Other Issues in Release 1.3 Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Please use this thread to report bugs and other issues in Release 1.3

Don

Country
germany
Hi Don,

Two findings with this rather good 1.33 version.

I have mass converted 100 BGL files. At some point the machine started to crawl and looking at the task manager I saw that AI Flight Planner was taking a hefty 750 MB memory. Can it be that you are not releasing something after you have converted a flight plan?

The other error is that if you open the "Convert FS9 traffic files to FSX" dialog, and close it, the program does something it should not. You see a progress bar, and are offered an unrelated conversion report. You can not reproduce it with a new installation, you have to convert something first.

I received two errors about missing positional information. Can you please check and tell me what is missing there?

Last edited:
Country
germany
Don,

Reading the post I found a version 1.34 - but everything is still reproducible with this version.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
All problem reports should be this easy to handle.
Can it be that you are not releasing something after you have converted a flight plan?
You are correct. Please try Version 1.36. The same issue applies to other areas of AIFP, but I want to be sure the fix I've applied to the conversion area works before implementing it elsewhere.
The other error is that if you open the "Convert FS9 traffic files to FSX" dialog, and close it, the program does something it should not. You see a progress bar, and are offered an unrelated conversion report. You can not reproduce it with a new installation, you have to convert something first
What you're seeing is the current flight plan list being reloaded. I appreciate this is not necessary if no files have been converted and I'll address that in a future release. The reason the Flight Plan List is reloaded is that one of the files converted may be the one in the List. I may be able to check whether that's the case, but I haven't done so in this release.
I received two errors about missing positional information. Can you please check and tell me what is missing there?
Both files decompile with only two issues:
  • one file refers to two non-stock airports (which, presumably, you have added to your system; and
  • there are numerous reports of same start and end airports due, apparently, to missing TNG flags.
There were no reports of missing positional information. If you could be a little more precise about what you were doing at the time, I'll investigate further. (Missing positonal information errors suggest a problem in AirportList.dat. Perhaps you could check the applicable record(s) in that file the next time you receive the error.)

Don

Country
germany
Thanks for the info, Don.

The error message for the two BGLs files fires when you do mass convert them. They are the only two files from 100 giving the error and they were not converted.

I attach the message.txt for you to see.

The memory leak is still there. After having converted the same 100 files with version 1.36, AIFP had taken 750 MB again. You can see the amount of memory climbing throughout the conversion process.

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I'm still investigating the memory leak. However, as for the missing positional information, the two noted airports are not available in FSX. "X68" in FS9 has become "KTTS" in FSX. Re "SKTQ", I was unable to locate a FSX airport in the vicinity of its FS9 location - which location seems suspect since both lat and lon are even minutes.

The reason AIFP didn't update X68 is that its replacement is not listed in the FS9CHG.txt file and, hence, it wasn't specified in AirportList.dat (the creation of which relies on FS9CHG.txt). I will make those updates in the next release of AIFP.

In the meantime, you can overcome the "X68 problem" by opening AirportList.dat, finding the record for "X68" and updating it to:

"United States|Florida|Titusville|NASA Shuttle Landing Facility|N28 36.89366|W080 41.66217|3.05M|*|KTTS|X68"

that is, by inserting "KTTS" between the bars just before "X68". While it's not necessary (unless you regenerate AirportList.dat), you could also insert the line:

"X68,KTTS,N28* 36.89',W80 41.66',3"

at the proper place in FS9CHG.txt.

I'll keep you posted on the memory leak.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Following up on the earlier exchange, I have now reviewed all the FS9-only airports, looking for a FSX replacement and have found replacements for 21 more of them. Sadly, that still leaves 39 without apparent replacment. The revised FS9Chg.txt and AirportList.dat will be available in the next interim or grneral release, whichever comes first.

Also, in an earlier post in this thread regarding hand-modifications to the AirportList.dat file, I instructed that the ICAO code of the replacement FSX airport be placed in the second-last field of the corresponding AirportList.dat entry. That should have been the third-last field, overwriting the "*".

Don

Hi Don,

I have the following error message with some FP's (see attach).
I have checked within Airports, Change Local Time Offset. The airport EHAM is there.
I have checked my AirportList.Dat, EHAM is there.
Strange thing is that when I go in Airports, Get Airport Information and click on the + before Netherlands the + disappears and the list is empty.
In Airports in Flight Plans EHAM is there but has no UTC indication
I work with the default airportlist.dat and version 1.36

Rgds
Luc

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 473

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Luc, its another manifestation of the old sequencing problem. I thought I had found a general way around it; obviously not - but I will.

In the meantime, if you move the five Netherlands Antilles entries in AirportList.dat to after Netherlands, it should be OK.

The IATA feature should be ready for testing tomorrow.

Don

Don,

Yr suggestion works but I also had to put Netherlands Antilles after Netherlands in the Timezone.dat file

Rgds
Luc

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Thanks for letting me know, Luc. Both airport and timezone data will be handled differently in the next release, so these sequencing problems should be a thing of the ast.
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.