• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v3 Resample BMP to BGL Problems

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi everyone i'm new to the forum so i hope i put this in the correct area.

Now i've been following a tutorial on how to make Custom airports on ADE and the tutorial tell's you to use S builder x to get the photo scenery and that is what i've done, now when i've done all the photo scenery stuff it tells you to go in the Photoshop or gimp to create the Blend Mask for land or water or both, now i don't have water in the area where my airport is so there was no need to create the water BMP so i jumped straight to the scenery bit, from there i created a blank page and called it Blend Mask and got the solid brush and started blacking out where i want autogen i did that all the way round the airport and got it just how i like it, from there i saved it as a bmp and sorted out the INF file which ill leave below, i have to bmp one for the autogen and another where water would be one is named LEMH-PH1 And the other LEMH-PH1-BlendMask now when it is all compiled via the resampler i move the BGL file to the scenery file in P3D V3 load the sim up and T/O and there is this bit of plane land either side of the runway and bits around but the rest is fine.

Now i went back in to photoshop and made sure the Blend Mask was correct which it was, so i thought ill go the paint to save the BGL file in there just in case it was an issue with my photoshop resampled that and still the issue resides.

Ive looked all over the internet and couldn't find a fix at all so this is my last option, sorry if all this comes across confusing just don't want to make it to long.

Ill also leave a screen shot from in the simulator looking over the Airport so you can see the issue.

Screenshot : http://imgur.com/a/hIVbI

Thanks all :D.

INF File below :
[Source]
Type = MultiSource
NumberOfSources = 2

[Source1]
Type = BMP
Layer = Imagery
SourceDir = "D:\MSFS\FS Design Tools\Airport Design Editor 170\P33\Projects\LEMH"
SourceFile = "LEMH-PH1.bmp"
Variation = January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
Channel_BlendMask = 2.0
ulyMap = 39.8855039501797
ulxMap = 4.20776367187501
xDim = 5.3644180297815E-06
yDim = 4.11746699139962E-06

[Source2]
Type = BMP
Layer = None
SourceDir = "D:\MSFS\FS Design Tools\Airport Design Editor 170\P33\Projects\LEMH"
SourceFile = "LEMH-PH1-BlendMask.bmp"
SamplingMethod = Gaussian
ulyMap = 39.8855039501797
ulxMap = 4.20776367187501
xDim = 5.3644180297815E-06
yDim = 4.11746699139962E-06

[Destination]
DestDir = "D:\MSFS\FS Design Tools\Airport Design Editor 170\P33\Projects\LEMH"
DestBaseFileName = "LEMH-PH1"
DestFileType = BGL
LOD = Auto
UseSourceDimensions = 1
CompressionQuality = 85

started blacking out where i want autogen
What do you mean by blackening out? The blendmask masks the photoreal where it is black and when there is no photoreal, there is no autogen except for the one on the landclass that then will be showing up. So parts of the photoreal that you would like to be hidden would have to be blackened and the part(s) that you want visible should be white.
Also it looks like your blendmask is not doing its job. Are you sure you have a correctly made blendmask (apart from the above mentioned)?

Country
unitedkingdom
Sorry when you do the BlendMask you paint the bits black where you want autogen to show and white where you want photoreal to show, it appears that the bit either end of the runway and around the runway is the scenery that comes with p3d forgot to turn it off that's why it looks strange.

Country
unitedstates
If I understand correctly, you are wanting to get rid of the areas circled in red...
Capture.JPG

That is the default airport background, or landclass mask.

You might want to look at this- http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/landclass-visibility-problem.15173/#post-97802

cheers,
Lane