• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 road identity please

I tried TMViewer this is in scenery 0631 I think, apx4930. TM says unable to load bgl.

I have tried to exclude this road in ADE. I tried concrete single lane no divided median, 2 lane.. same, and both divided and undivided. I am sure this is not asphalt nor gravel, etc.

Is there a charted picture which shows the various roads and what they are identified as so it is easier to choose the right road to exclude? photo attached.
screenshot3275.jpg

Hi Bob:

If you know the Geographic coordinates, you can ID the Area and CVX vector BGL to open in SDK TMFViewer. then Right-click on objects to ID their vector GUID.

For example, assuming you were working in Nigeria within Area 4930, you could open in SDK TMFViewer: :idea:

[Prepar3D v4 install path]\Scenery\0603\scenery\cvx4930.bgl

GaryGB

Last edited:
Hi Bob:

You may find this web page useful to get an idea of what the road configuration is at EBBR via various maps and imagery:

https://geohack.toolforge.org/geoha...4_05_N_004_29_04_E_region:BE-VBR_type:airport

FYI: One can ID the CVX Road / Traffic vectors using the SHP2VEC SDK docs and the SDK Vector Shape Properties GUIDs table: :pushpin:

You may be able to make the CVX vector excludes in ADE by connecting to a FS flight session and slewing into position.

However, I am not certain ADE will work with Road and Highway Traffic vectors for creating edited 'replacement' CVX vectors, so personally, I would use CvxExtractor to export ESRI *.SHP files of CVX49130.bgl, import them into SBuilderX by type and GUID, then work over a satellite imagery background. :idea:

A discussion of the basic concepts involved in that work-flow is here:

Feel free to inquire further if you wish to learn more about that work-flow. ;)

GaryGB

Last edited: