• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

SERIOUS ISSUE WITH 3.3.1.3

gadgets

Resource contributor
Everyone, there is a problem with the Airport Editor in version of AIFP 3.3.1.3 if you use a Language that uses anything other than "." as the decimal separator. When you save an update, the decimal portion of latitude, longitude and elevation is deleted.

If you have installed that version and have made any updates using the Airport Editor, I hope you have a backup of your AirportList_Updates.dat file from an earlier release. Unfortunately, since any update would be custom to you, there's no other way to recover the data. If you still are using 3.3.1.3, you should also upgrade to 3.3.1.4.

If you can't find a backup, you should move that file out of your AIFP folder - but don't delete it. I'll attempt to write a little routine to restore the file using stock data positions and post it.

gadgets

Resource contributor
After further investigation, I have discovered that the issue of the decimal portion of Lat/Lon in updated disappearing is not related to use of "," as a decimal separator. It was due to a coding error and also affects 3.3.1.4. So, don't make any further updates or otherwise Save from the Airport Editor with 3.3.nn until you have upgraded to 3.3.1.5.

Given this situation, the next release (hopefully later today) will detect the situation in your AiprortList-Updates.dat and offer to restore the data to stock data position. The updates in AirportList-Updates.dat will not be applied until the situation is corrected either by system or manual restoration. The warning message will be issued at every startup. Should you want neither automatic restoration nor the continued warnings, rename or delete AirportList_Updates.dat from the AIFP folder.

Sorry folks. S--t happens.

gadgets

Resource contributor
I have just posted Development Release 3.3.1.5 which operates as described above and contains several other fixes.

Don

sorry but I am getting confused about the 3 files -

#1 AirportList.dat
#2 AirportAddons.dat
#3 AirportList_Updates.dat

#1 should eventually contain a list of all airports (stock and added/modified by user) in the sim, with, amongst other items, the location of the scenery file for that airfield ?
Not sure what #2 and #3 should contain.
What is system or manual restoration?

gadgets

Resource contributor
#1 - AirportList.dat a name-sequenced (Country|Region|City|Name) text file. It portrays the complement of airports accessible at any time. It's composition is described in the introduction to Section 10 of the user manual. Note, as of 3.3.1.5, the sequence of add-ons and updates is reversed.
#2 - AirportList_Addons.dat is the result of the collection of Add-on airports

#3 - AirportList-Updates is a compendium in time sequence of each airport update via the Airport Editor

Thanks - I am now clear on the relevance of the 3 files.

Tested 3315 - "Find/Collect Airports" seems to work - the 'Scenery Library' option looks fine to me. Used "Traffic and Parking Analyser" on various airfields and looks fine also.