• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Simconnect and VB.net Events

Messages
2
I was wander if someone would have an example of a simconnect (VB.net) Events (specifically AI Traffic or Multiplayer ADD and REMOVE). I have been working with the simconnect managed data example that comes with the SDK and have no problem reading data about the aircraft position etc, using VB.net. However, I would like to track the add and remove of the AI Traffic using the event SIMCONNECT_RECV_ID_EVENT_OBJECT_ADDREMOVE. There is a good example of this in the SDK samples called AI Traffic, but this is written in C++ which I haven't used in years and simple spend hours on end trying to decode it. I have been able to create an event monitor for say flaps down, but can't seem to get the ADDREMOVE object event to fire.

Has anyone ran into this or maybe have a converted example of the AI Traffic example shipped with the product? I have been working on this for weeks and can't seem to figure it out. I was hoping someone could help! I know I should be writting this in C# or C++ but I have been using vb.net for years and simply don't have the time right now to learn the C++ stuff.

Thanks in advance for any help, I really appreciate it....:)

scottj1501
 
Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks a million, I think those examples got me to what I was looking for. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks

scottj1501
 
Back
Top