• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v5 Sode and P3D Instant replay issue

Country
france
More and more sceneries use SODE to select the right BGL to display (usually based on date).

Unfortunatly when using the Instant Replay of P3D, this does not work and you end up with NO display....

When I am to busy landing, I can't go outside to see that ;) and replay is my chance to get it.
I think I am not the only one use that facility.

Any chance to solve it or is it to much inside Prepar3D internals.... ?

Thank - Gérard

Country
germany
More and more sceneries use SODE to select the right BGL to display

Hi Gerd,

SODE to select the right MDL not BGL.

In P3D there is the possibility to display objects without SODE.
This possibility of the representation is then specified in the 3D object itself.

Country
france
Hi Gerd,

SODE to select the right MDL not BGL.

In P3D there is the possibility to display objects without SODE.
This possibility of the representation is then specified in the 3D object itself.
My name is Gérard

You are right concerning MDL not BGL (my bad), but the issue remains...

I don't want to create sceneries, but use existing one... it's the reason why I put my message in this forun.

Country
germany
Hi Gérard,
sorry for the wrong name, my mistake.

If you don't want to use SODE objects, then your only option is to convert these objects into a P3D object with the correct properties.
This is almost the same as creating a scenery.

Country
switzerland
Hi,

This is a limitation of the simulator's way to handle injected SimObjects during replay: They are not rendered at all!
Happens to every scenery that uses this mdl injection technique (e.g. couatl from FSDT).
I have reported this years ago to Lockheed Martin's P3D team, but never got a reply. Seems not to be a priority on their agenda.

Note that this is only the case if using the sim's internal replay function. I think with external replay tools, the SimObject will be displayed, but I'm not 100% sure anymore...

Country
france
Thanks.
I was fearing that :(
It's a pitty, because the internal replay is not so bad... and greatly sufficient for my "needs"...
Gérard