• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v5 Sode crashing P3Dv5

Country
unitedkingdom
I have no idea what I've done wrong, but SODE crashes v5 now.
Also I find MCX wont open the static jetway.mdls now and gets stuck on "loading aircraft.cfg", but they work in an older version.

Here's the log:

[15:06:37.355] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : ### FILTERING OBJECTS: R=40000m, Bubble Lat/Lon: 27.763722, -97.496053 ###
[15:06:37.388] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : ### Active SimObjects: 5; Active Wind Data Probes: 0 ###
[15:06:37.438] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : + SimObject 'SXAD_KCRP_GATES:Jetway GATE 2' [KCRP_JW_2_STATIC]. ID: 128
[15:06:37.440] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : + SimObject 'SXAD_KCRP_GATES:Jetway GATE 6' [KCRP_JW_6_STATIC]. ID: 129
[15:06:37.440] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : + SimObject 'SXAD_KCRP_GATES:Jetway GATE 5' [KCRP_JW_5_STATIC]. ID: 130
[15:06:37.442] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : + SimObject 'SXAD_KCRP_GATES:Jetway GATE 3' [KCRP_JW_3_STATIC]. ID: 131
[15:06:37.442] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : + SimObject 'SXAD_KCRP_GATES:Jetway GATE 1' [KCRP_JW_1]. ID: 132
[15:06:37.742] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : [SEASONALOBJECTHANDLER] Variables initialized!
[15:06:38.748] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : [SEASONALOBJECTHANDLER] Refreshing Season/Time Data...
[15:06:41.745] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : [SEASONALOBJECTHANDLER] Refreshing Season/Time Data...
[15:07:01.111] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : + SimObject 'SXAD_KCRP_GATES:Jetway GATE 2' [KCRP_JW_2]. ID: 151
[15:07:01.112] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : - SimObject 'SXAD_KCRP_GATES:Jetway GATE 2' [KCRP_JW_2_STATIC]. ID: 128
[15:07:12.375] FATAL SODE.WATCHDOG : Sim Process running test failed!
[15:07:12.377] DEBUG SODE.FSPROCESS : Cleaning up Memory...
[15:07:12.380] DEBUG SODE.FSPROCESS : Removing Top-Menu structure...
[15:07:12.381] DEBUG SODE.FSPROCESS : Closing Connection to FS.
[15:07:12.481] INFO : Terminate SODE.

Country
germany
Which P3Dv5 version are you using?

P3Dv5.1 (5.1.8.26742) = P3D crashes at SODE-Jetways ...
Look here http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=140126&start=15
here https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/588259-ucrtbasedll-ctd-with-p3dv51-sode-171-and-aigaim/page/3/
and here https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?topic=p3d-v5-1-and-sode-1-7-1

Enter the following entry in P3D.cfg as a workaround...
Code:
[SIM]
AdaptiveSimGroupEnable=False

P3Dv5.1 HF1 (5.1.12.26829) = Error is fixed and SODE works without problems...

Country
unitedkingdom
Ah I do have 5.1.8.26742, I'll update the client.
This is odd though as my other airports work ok in it.
The only difference is the ...CustomDesignator="Terminal D;1">

Country
unitedstates
I have the same/similar problem. Running P3D5 HF1 and just noticed that with both "stock" and my own custom airports, I get a crash when placing the aircraft (any of those supplied by LM in P3D) at a gate. Scenery detail has to be set at Dense or above to allow the Jetways to be seen. Removing the jetways solves the problem crash.
I have also tried this same scenario with all addons disabled (including SODE). I have experimented with the distance between the edge of the parking circle and the aircraft end of the jetway and the further I separate them, the better. Is there a min. distance from the edge of the parking circle/space now? As this happens with stock airports that have jetways, I suspect there is something more detailed going on. Any and all info/suggestions/insight is GREATLY appreciated.

Country
unitedstates
Mike, here is the detail you requested and some additional info from tests that I have run.
I have (2) versions of P3D (each on a different machine.

For version: 5.0.31.352.53 (no SODE. only SimConnect)
Using the following stock airports (selected at random):
KAUS, Gate 5 (small) - Crash, Gate 3 (medium) = OK
KORD, Gate B14 (small) and B18 (medium)- Crash, Gate B17 (Heavy) = OK
KDFW Gate A17 (small) - Crash, Gate A15 (medium) = OK
KDCA Gate 16 - Crash, Gate 14 (medium) = OK
KPHX Gate 10 - Crash Gate 15 = OK
KLIT Gate 3 (small) - Crash
KDEN Gate A28 (small) - Crash, Gate A26 (medium) = OK
Can provide more if you like, again, I just picked these at total random

Vehicle used for all of the above: Mooney Bravo N123MS (stock P3D aircraft)
-----------------------------
For version: 5.1.12.26829, SODE v1.7.1, SimConnect v5.1.0.0
Using the SAME stock airports as above
KAUS Gate 5 (small) - Crash, Gate 3 (medium) = OK
KORD, Gate B14 (small) - Crash, Gate B18 (medium) - Crash, Gate B17 (heavy) = OK
KDFW Gate A17 (small) - Crash, Gate A15 (medium) = OK
KDCA Gate 16 (small) - Crash, Gate 15 (medium) = OK
KPHX Gate 10 (small) - Crash, Gate 15 (medium) = OK
KLIT Gate 3 (small) - Crash
KDEN Gate A28 (small) - Crash, Gate A26 (medium) = OK

Vehicle used for all of the above: Mooney Bravo N123MS (stock P3D aircraft)

I have not yes determined the actual size of each gate as defined in the associated stock bgl.

Country
germany
I'll take a look at it in my P3D.

I have a few more questions...
What weather settings/programs do you use?
What are your AI traffic settings?
How much RAM does your PC have?
How much RAM does your graphics card have?

Country
unitedstates
Weather: Fair / Calm
AI Traffic : 50%
Ram: 32GB
Graphics: Nvidia RTX 2070 Super, 8GB GDDR6

Country
germany
Hi Lemon,

what about the following settings?

Weather: Clear Skies
AI Traffic: 0%

Does the P3D still crash for you?

The original jetways of the P3D put quite a load on the computing power.
For this reason the animation of the jetways was also removed in P3Dv5.1...

Without weather and ai traffic my p3d does not crash at the above airports.

Country
unitedstates
Please point me to where in any of the P3Dv5.1 documentation that it states "animated jetways removed".
Thanks

Country
germany
Hi Lemon,
my statement that the jetways in the P3Dv5.1 do not work, refers to my tests and this post
(https://www.friendlyflusi.de/forum/...wegen-sich-nicht-mehr/&postID=35555#post35555)
in a german forum.

Then I looked at the v5.1 jetways in the MDX and found that an entry for the skin bones was "forgotten".
jetways_v5.1.jpg

Here the same place with the v4 jetways
jetways_v4.jpg

Red indented what is missing from the jetways in v5.1...

I then replaced the v5.1 jetways with the v4 jetways.
After testing, I found that the jetways now work as usual.

If you want to use the v4 jetways in v5.1, you also have to use the jetways textures of v4, because they are placed differently in both P3D versions.

Country
unitedstates
Mike.. MANY MANY THANKS!!!
This is super and i will follow your lead.
Will work on this tonight...can’t wait...
Best Regards

Country
unitedstates
Hi Lemon,
my statement that the jetways in the P3Dv5.1 do not work, refers to my tests and this post
(https://www.friendlyflusi.de/forum/...wegen-sich-nicht-mehr/&postID=35555#post35555)
in a german forum.

Then I looked at the v5.1 jetways in the MDX and found that an entry for the skin bones was "forgotten".
View attachment 68184

Here the same place with the v4 jetways
View attachment 68185

Red indented what is missing from the jetways in v5.1...

If you want to use the v4 jetways in v5.1, you also have to use the jetways textures of v4, because they are placed differently in both P3D versions.
Mike, as a side note, I see that the v5.1 MDL has extensive CRASH BOX defined for the Jetway while in v4, there are no CRASH BOX associated with the Jetway MDL. I must admit that I know ZERO about CRASH BOXes but I am thinking that the existence of same in v5.1 will cause a "crash" if another object (aircraft) invades the boundary of the crash box. Yes? or am I totally off base (sometimes, its better that way :) )

Country
germany
Hi Lemon,
Yes, that is correct.
If another object (aircraft) enters the boundary of the crash box, this will destroy the aircraft.
But it should not lead to the crash of the P3D.
But I have never tested it myself, because I have turned off the crash detection.

But you can switch off the crash detection in p3d, then it should not come to crah at the jetways.
Or you remove the crash boxes with mcx.

I have done a clean v5.1.12.26829 full install on me.

With me the jetway v5.1.12.26829 has no crashboxes.
Only problem with me, the jetway v5.1.12.26829 does not work because the skin bones are missing.

Country
germany
Hi Lemon,
in a german forum.

[...]

Hello Mike,

the guy in the german forum is me. ;)
Glad to have contributed to finding the reason.

Can you tell me how to replace the v5.1 jetways to the v4 jetways? That would be very kind.

Thank you very very much in advance!

BR,
Justus