• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX SODEPlacer Problem

Country
us-northcarolina
I downloaded the program and after reading the manual, I was able to figure out fixing errors it gave to get my AFCAD and 4 objects placed, BUT they do not appear in FSX at the airport. I used INNSBRUCK xml code with the proper lat/long locations shown and culling it to just 4 vehicles in SODEPlacer screen and the objects are in the Simobjects folder in 12b Program Data. When I looked at the error log, it says that 0#AGL is not proper but requires actual altitude value BUT every xml I look at that others created for other airports has that code in every entry. Please help! I would like to have some animated snowplows and tractors cutting grass. Also I have starting positions on an apron do they start there and drive around the airport or do I need paths for them. Couldn't find that information anywhere. My SODE came with GSX.

Country
germany
First, a question.
What exactly do you want to place?

Because there is a program called Sodeplacer.
This is just for placing self created moving jetways.

And then there is the program SODE.
This is for placing objects over the xml file.
With these objects you can automatically change the textures seasonally.
Or make objects only visible at certain times.
Or also weather-dependent objects can be used.

So..., what exactly do you want to do?

Country
us-northcarolina
I want to place mowers and snowplows seasonally. I have SODE because I have GSX in 12b. SODEPlacer shows me objects where I placed them and allowed me to create an xml file I know it is used to place jetways but thought the newer versions place all kinds of things.

Country
germany
Lawn mowers and snow plows should not be a problem.

Here (http://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=9) is the current SODE version 1.7.1...
If you don't use it already.

And here (https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=101) is the SODE-SDK.
There you will learn the correct structure of the XML file.

If SODE is installed correctly, there is the folder C://ProgramData/12bPilot/Sode/xml for the xml file and the folder C://ProgramData/12bPilot/Sode/SimObjects for the objects which should be displayed.

SODE itself must also be registered in FSX via the Sode Platform Manager.

Is this all correct?

Then please attach your xml here so I can look over it.
A spelling mistake is enough and no objects are displayed.

Last edited:
Country
us-northcarolina
I have the Sode in 12b program data and my xml was placed in the xml folder. I also copied the objects into simobjects. Here is a download link to the xml:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/zfuoaehrv8fay03/KASH_Nashua-Boire.xml/file also here is the simobjects folder:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/miwsu4e0jmg340h/SimObjects.zip/file
I installed version 1.7.1 from the download because it said it would not install over a newer version. I am going to say that I had an older version (from GSX) because it installed and checked the registrations and all is ok. Waiting to hear from you what your take is.

Last edited:
Country
us-northcarolina
Hi Mike,
I looked at the error log and discovered that EDP cannot be 0.0#AGL but must be an actual altitude of the airport. When I did this, the lawn mowers appeared animated mowing around the airport. SODEPlacer DOES work to place static and animated objects at the airport. You are correct that there was an xml error but it was in the xml that I copied from INNSBRUCK which probably does not work at INNSBRUCK airport for whoever installed that xml. Thank you for your help. I am going to set the time and season tomorrow for winter/day of the week that the snowplows are in the xml and see what happens. I then will probably tackle the KMYR airport I created a few months ago which is a lot larger and has gates. My GSX generates all the gates and service vehicles for there but I can put mowers and plows there too now that I know how to do it.

Country
us-northcarolina
I am attaching a link to my xml code in the Program Data SODE xml. The mowers and the snowplows are visible BUT...at this time of year, the mowers are mowing (no snowplows) then I changed the season to winter and precipitation to snow and the snowplows appeared but so did the mowers. I just barely understand the xml code still trying to learn by example. Can you please look at it and let me know what to change/correct? Thank you.

Richard

https://www.mediafire.com/file/aejfzbiz9jq9cgb/KASH_Nashua-Boire%282%29.xml/file

Country
germany
The first thing you should do is delete the jetways from your xml.
These are probably still from the original xml.

Then I checked your visibility condition.
These work.
But..., I would make some changes.

I would remove the code for the days of the week from the snowplow.
Since all days of the week are included, this entry is redundant.
Also, I would remove the code for the air temperature.
This code is redundant.
The snow plow is supposed to run when it snows.
For this reason, I would remove the entry "Rain" from the code for precipitation.
If it is raining, a snow plow is certainly not needed.

Because as they say, less is often more.

I tested the visibility condition with simple objects from the SODE demo.
In the SODE demo simple objects and an xml are included.
With this you can experiment very well.
The SODE Demo is available here (http://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=9).

Here is my modified test XML:
XML:
<SODE>

<!-- Data Probe serving its clients -->
    <SimObject Name="ASH NASHUA">
        <Placement Lat="42.7825" Lon="-71.514167" Alt="200.4AGL" Hdg="0.0"/>
        <Model SimTitle="12bPilot_SODE_Environmental_Data_Probe">
            <EnvironmentalDataProbe ClientList="INNSPLOWANIM;INNSTRACTOR"/>
        </Model>
    </SimObject>

<!-- Objects visibility -->
    <SimObject Name="INNSPLOWANIM">
        <Placement Lat="42.779423" Lon="-71.509566" Alt="0.5#AGL" Hdg="170.0"/>
        <Model SimTitle="12bPilot_SODE_Object_4">
            <ConditionalVisibility LogicExpression="A$B">
                <Condition ID="A" Variable="MonthOfYear" Value="JAN-APR;OCT-DEC"/>
                <Condition ID="B" Variable="MetPrecipitation" Value="SNOW"/>           
            </ConditionalVisibility>
        </Model>
    </SimObject>

<SimObject Name="INNSTRACTOR">
        <Placement Lat="42.7789392494014" Lon="-71.5090375958048" Alt="0.5#AGL" Hdg="170.0"/>
        <Model SimTitle="12bPilot_SODE_Object_1">
            <ConditionalVisibility LogicExpression="A$B$C$D">
                <Condition ID="A" Variable="MonthOfYear" Value="MAY-SEP"/>
                <Condition ID="B" Variable="DayOfWeek" Value="TUE;FRI"/>
                <Condition ID="C" Variable="Time" Value="0800-1600LT"/>
                <Condition ID="D" Variable="MetPrecipitation" Value="NONE"/>           
            </ConditionalVisibility>
        </Model>
    </SimObject>   

</SODE>

Furthermore, it is important...
In the SimObjects, in each sim.cfg must always be as the first entry

[General]
Category=Viewer
Module=SODE

must stand.

Only then the [fltsim.0] entry follows.

Further in each fltsim entry only
title=
model=
texture=
are needed and used.

Please delete all other entries!

Country
us-northcarolina
Thank you Mike I will do all of the changes. I've got it working properly like this but you not I have the knowledge and since I am just learning I will follow the "teacher". Since it was working, I just moved onto KMYR Myrtle Beach a true local airport and much bigger than KASH though certainly no KATL. I will be sure to apply all the lessons learned there as well and hopefully will get it working as well. Its simpler in that we don't need any snowplows in coastal Carolinas.

Country
germany
Consider though...
SODE should be used with caution.
Each SODE object puts the same load on the simulator as an AI aircraft.
You can bring the simulator to its knees with SODE objects just as you can with AI traffic.
Hence my hint, less is more.