• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 SOLVED: AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘attrib’

Country
unitedkingdom
I am getting an error code in Blender when I try and export the model:

AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘attrib’
anim_tag = etree.SubElement (root, "Anim", element.attrib)

Any suggestions how to fix this please?

Country
sudan
I am getting an error code in Blender when I try and export the model:

AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘attrib’
anim_tag = etree.SubElement (root, "Anim", element.attrib)

Any suggestions how to fix this please?
Where did you install the SDK?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Country
unitedkingdom
SDK is installed in C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.4.16.27106\Modeling\3ds Max\bin

I have been able to export my model many times before, but the attribute error is now preventing the model from being exported.

Country
sudan
SDK is installed in C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.4.16.27106\Modeling\3ds Max\bin

I have been able to export my model many times before, but the attribute error is now preventing the model from being exported.
Try reinstalling the the SDK again, sometimes happens, make sure also you're running the 3dmax as administrator, cause I see you installed in C: drive

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Country
unitedkingdom
I have reinstalled the SDK to C:/Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.4.16.27106 but I still see the same attribute error message.

Country
sudan
I have reinstalled the SDK to C:/Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.4.16.27106 but I still see the same attribute error message.

Ok Open the p3d SDK folder there should be .exe file I can't remember ConfigSDK or SDKConfig run it and restart the computer. Hopefully it'll fix it for you

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Try exporting only parts of your model; perhaps you have a bad part. Have you added or edited a part recently? That may be the bad one. If in Blender you need to assign animation tags, GUID values, and/or Friendly Names to parts, make sure they are all done.

Country
unitedkingdom
I have gone back to a previous save from a few days ago that exports the model without receiving the attribute error and will either have to restart from this save point or identify the problem source I think.

Country
unitedkingdom
While editing the SDK modeldef I caused the same error again in my 'clean' model. I found that it was due to having a part tagged with an animation that had been changed in the modeldef and not clearing the animation caused the attribute error.

Clearing the Animation Tag in the FSX Properties menu in Blender removed the error.

Country
unitedarabemirates
Attribute errors in Python are generally raised when you try to access or call an attribute that a particular object type doesn't possess. It's simply because there is no attribute with the name you called, for that Object. This means that you got the error when the "module" does not contain the method you are calling. But it is evident that the method is there, which leads to believe that may be the method was added by you in the source code after you had already imported the file (module). Or, some times packages get deprecated and they rename some functions. If that is true, then you may want to exit and reimport the module once again to be able to access the new method .

You can do it in another way to reimport the module with changes without having to exit the interpreter is to do the following:

Code:
reload(myModule)

If you are using python 3.2 or 3.3 you should:

import imp
imp.reload(myModule)

If running Python 3.4 and up, do import importlib, then do:

import importlib
importlib.reload(myModule)

The importlib.reload() method reload a previously imported module. The argument must be a module object, so it must have been successfully imported before .