• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v5 Some of the AI turboprop planes make slow and wide turning circles

Country
greece
Hi,

As per subject title, they roll through during taxi out even into airport buildings. Nothing would stop them.
I tried simulation rate 4x and they taxi out more or less like jet airliners, but as soon as the rate returns to
normal, the same problem returns.
Thus, it seems it is a speed problem. Could this be tweaked with aircraft.cfg ?

Thanks,

Sotiris.

Country
greece
Tom,

I made some changes in the values of both entries, but nothing changed.
We might look at other parameters in aircraft.cfg or in air file ?

F70

Country
netherlands
If this is the OSP ATR72 500 /600 then you can change the MOI values,by me the same happens.
I have change the values and all is fine now.
Change the aircraft.cfg to :

;Moments of Inertia
empty_weight_pitch_MOI= 300000
empty_weight_roll_MOI= 502000
empty_weight_yaw_MOI= 505000
empty_weight_coupled_MOI= 0.0

Jan

Country
greece
Jan,

Many thanks for your reply !
Right, it is the OSP ATR72-500 the AI aircraft I was talking about.
I tested it using your suggested values and the results are much better now. It still overshoots the taxi line a bit, but there is no comparison with the previous values. Which of those four values is the most critical and affects the taxiing ? As I want to further improve those good results.
And, have you tested other AI props like TFS DHC-8 with those values successfully ? To the rest of OSP ATRs ?

Best regards,

Sotiris.

Country
austria
Hi Sotiris,

I often have to correct the aircraft.cfg of AI aircrafts because the radius was to big to following the taxiways.
In my opinion Jans mention of the Moments of Inertia especially the empty_weight_yaw_MOI is right.
Sometimes it is too low.
I raised this value slowly sometimes it was necesary to raise two or more times (!) You have to test.

Sometimes you also have to proof and to change the nose wheel angle at the contact points.
For instance:

[contact_points]

point.0=1, -25.0, 0.0, -17.2, 1600, 0, 2.0, !! 70.0 !!, 0.5, 3.5, 0.900, 9.0, 8.0, 0, 220, 250

70 is there the maximum

Country
germany
In my case the AI - OSP ATR72-500 has the following entries...

;Moments of Inertia
empty_weight_pitch_MOI= 111701
empty_weight_roll_MOI= 61201
empty_weight_yaw_MOI= 161691
empty_weight_coupled_MOI= 0

If you still have problems with the Ai aircraft, I can also send you the complete aircraft.cfg and the corresponding air file for comparison.