• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Some projects that I will upgrade from FSX to P3D and MSFS

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Hi,

Verson 0.7.7 is release today : n°702, n°712 and a blister model (+3 repaints)

Canso-PBY-5A_WIP.jpg

Take the english version of my site: French-VFR (EN) then go to page 2 of Downloads section.

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Hello,

I have reach a new step and a new version has been released this morning: v0.7.8j
The links is the same, don't forget to choose English version of French-VFR home site in order to download without trouble.

Canso-PBY-5-A-WIP.jpg

You can read about all improvements by reading the Readme_WIP v0.7.8.txt in the Documentation directory.

- All steam gauges are coded and animated, radio panel, tank selectors and electricity gauges also
- Wipers are added and are functional,
- 90% of the levers on the mobile part of yokes are coded and animated
- A boarding stair animated has been added on the blisters version
- Interior of Blisters version has been upgraded: news seats for passengers, fire extinguishers, etc ...
- 22 PLN provided by a fan of this aircraft (official forum) are provided to discover the beauties of the World
- Three new repaints are added: Aeronaval has a little trouble under the wing because the repainter has worked without paintkit, this will be solve as soon as possible

I want for the next version modify the fuselage to represent the N427CV which which should appeal to many of you

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Hello,

Some news from this project, on which I have works even during hot days.

On the Blisters version, boarding via the rear of the fuselage
Entree-passerelle.png

Last work on the VC and the fire panel :
Fire-test.png

Emergency manual pump for hydraulic circuit and a "hole" in the cockpit to see if the front gear is "in" or "out" :
Gros-plan-cockpit.png

Entr-e-cockpit.png

On the Water Bomber version I have finish the structure of the aircraft and the mechanics for opening the tanks :
Barrures.png

The same view but on Blisters version :
Blisters-navigateur.png

Fully modelled APU with control knob and voltage monitoring gauge - function not currently coded in XML
Gros-plan-APU-et-passagers.png

On the Water bomber, APU and probe/scoop to collect water :
Scoop.png

Last section on the Water bomber
Sorties-fret.png

The sunroof or sunday on Blisters version:
Sunroof.png

With this all 3D modelisation has been made, then I commute on painting ... :(

Country
sweden
Hello,

Some news from this project, on which I have works even during hot days.

On the Blisters version, boarding via the rear of the fuselage
Entree-passerelle.png

Last work on the VC and the fire panel :
Fire-test.png

Emergency manual pump for hydraulic circuit and a "hole" in the cockpit to see if the front gear is "in" or "out" :
Gros-plan-cockpit.png

Entr-e-cockpit.png

On the Water Bomber version I have finish the structure of the aircraft and the mechanics for opening the tanks :
Barrures.png

The same view but on Blisters version :
Blisters-navigateur.png

Fully modelled APU with control knob and voltage monitoring gauge - function not currently coded in XML
Gros-plan-APU-et-passagers.png

On the Water bomber, APU and probe/scoop to collect water :
Scoop.png

Last section on the Water bomber
Sorties-fret.png

The sunroof or sunday on Blisters version:
Sunroof.png

With this all 3D modelisation has been made, then I commute on painting ... :(
Fantastic !

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Hi,

I have just published my latest working version. This version isn’t the last, it is a simple snapshot from my developments, but it contains 95% of the elements I wanted to model.
As for the textures, they are quite basic, they are just textures that allow me to better understand the 3D during my work. Some are more worked (PBR) when it is about small parts or tests.
The next stage of development will be mainly focused on :
  • the final textures, all mapping and textures will be rework (PBR and paintkit)
  • the improvement of the existing XML code because there are some bugs that are still present and some functions that I need to finish coding.
  • the management of the internal cockpit lights: the buttons are already animated but I’ll want to write the code in the presence of the final textures to only make one pass on this issue.

Known bug
:
  • The ATtitude Indicator give false information: in horizontal flight, the displayed artificial horizon leans to the left (~2°), the problem is known, isolated and being fixed.
Canso-PBY-5-A-WIP-080.jpg

For the moment, you can already download this V0.8.0 release which contains 10 repaints:
  • SAGQ C-FPQK n°712 (Quebec)
  • Northwest Territories Canada C-FNJE n°712
  • 1S5 Aeronavale version
  • C-FCRR Air France version
  • C-FCRR Okavanga version
  • ICONA EC-FMC Hispanic version of Water Bomber
  • F-ZBAR French Protection Civil (1965)
  • N9767 Bertaud-Belieu
  • N427 CV US version restaured in South Africa
  • G-PBYA Miss Pick Up
Once version 1.0 is released, my aim is to continue my developments by incorporating a “damage mode” (a light accufeel) from the one I wrote for the C-150 Tibush (FSX/P3D).

Good Fly !

Country
germany
Awesome work mate! I love your plane. Flew it for the first time yesterday! I've really been looking forward to having this plane in MSFS2020. Love the detailed animation of the undercarriage folding up into the side of the machine!
It's obviously been a labour of love for you. I for one am extremely grateful for the work and time you've invested in this project. Much appreciated! Also the other information you've been willing to share, about the organisation and history of this plane as used in the country you live in. It's been very interesting. Can't wait to see the CL--215/415 etc. Thank you again for this wonderful gift to us.
PBY Catalina

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Hello Marc,

That would indeed be possible, but in order to stick to reality, it would be necessary:
- redo the rear doors, which are not cargo doors but commercial doors (less wide)
- rearrange the interior to fit more passenger seats ...
It's a lot of work. I've already redone an improvement I was asked to make on one of the gauges in June, a modification that should be published (lynx33635 / Jan 2 : https://forums.flightsimulator.com/...-canadair-cl-215t-and-canso-pby-5a/462214/188 ).
The last work I did on the PBY-5 involved adding a KLN gauge made available by an FSDeveloper user.

That said, these days I'm taking a complete break from my CYMX-Mirabel scenery (released in Dec 2020). I've reworked it from top to bottom, redoing all the elements and relying on my knowledge of the SDK, which has progressed since December 2020 (projected mesh, paralax, animated objects, etc.).

Country
france
Hey, thanks for the reply! I though it was worth asking anyway :), I knew that the AirFrance version is a different one from what we already have ;) then we will see what future holds for the Catalina ;)

Reagrds, Marc

Country
mexico
Hello M. Lagaffe

My jaw is on the floor now; such a masterpiece and exquisite details achieved in every corner.

Congratulations for an extremely work well done.
All the best, Sergio Kauffman.
:wizard: