• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 sound in scenery

Messages
5,214
Hi all,

Just tell me if it is possible to add sound to a location in FS9 or not.
I could use Doug Dawson's xml based sound gauge that would play bird songs when I open the cabin doors but that is hardly realistic when you land on JFK, if you get what I mean.
Adding sound to effects does not work in FS9 as the sounds are hardcoded.
Therefore the only way I can imagine that could work is to have a sound file attached to an object. But how do I do that if feasible at all?

Roby

PS: just to make it clear, I am speaking FS9 (FSX is no problem).
 
it is possible.

There is a scenery addon from aerosoft called Worldcup (2006) with football stadiums in Germany. When you fly over a stadium, you can hear the "roar".
It is not freeware, but a free addon for customers of other software.

I have no idea how it works.
 
Last edited:
Thank you, Guenther (sorry but I cannot find the u with Umlaut),

I will check it out and will support FC Bayern tonight:).
 
Hi,

Cannot find the Worldcup 2006 on Aerosoft website. Only the FSX version of a later Wordlcup.
I had hoped GaryGB would chime in because in a thread of last year or the year before he said that maybe it is possible and that he would keep us informed. Only thing is, he never did:duck:!
So I am still stuck to adding sound to gauges and not to scenery.
 
Hi Roby:

I do have some posts on this here at FSDeveloper, but as I'm pressed for time prior to departing for the day, I won't have a chance to locate many of them until later today. :o

In the mean time, you could try a Google search for "FS2004" "sound" "FS9" etc. and you'll find some leads on posts by Holger, Rhumbaflappy myself and others.


OK, couldn't resist trying a quick 1-word Search at FSDeveloper before leaving (since the 'query string' was so unique :p ) ... perhaps these links might be good for starters ? :D

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19185&highlight=chicken

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424400&highlight=chicken


Hope this helps (...somewhat) ! :)

GaryGB
 
Last edited:
Back
Top