• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Subset by Country not working

Country
unitedstates
Hello,

I've searched through the forums, so my apologies if I've missed the potential answer to this.

When attempting to create a subset based on Airports, and then ordered by Country, I receive the error message "No items are selected. Do you wish to exit?"

This error message occurs whether Inclusive or Exclusive is selected. However, if I select to order by ICAO, and select the same airports that I attempted to select by country, the subset is created successfully - the message "Please confirm only flight plans..." appears.

Here is the process I followed to find this error:

1 - Created flight plan via TrafficDatabaseBuilder to have some random flights. The resulting traffic.bgl file loads successfully into FS9.
2 - Load traffic file into AIFP.
3 - Click FlightPlans ->Subset -> Airports -> Australia (I'm attempting to limit the flights to just Australian airports, as all the aircraft in the original traffic file are Aussie birds)
4 - AIFP selects all Australian airports in the list
5 - Click Inclusive/Exclusive (same result either way), then continue
6 - Get error message about no items selected.

At this point, if I say No, then click Order by ICAO, and select any airports on the list, a subset is generated.

I have experienced this error with the default traffic.bgl file, multiple versions of the file created by the TDBB, and with user-created traffic files, such as those that accompany MAIW or WoAI. In addition, the error occurs whether I load the flight plans from the bgl file, or if I load them from the Flightplans.txt file after running the file through TTools.

I have tried both versions 2.2.08 and 2.2.09, with the same result.

Thank you in advance - the program looks like it can do exactly what I'm looking for, but for this one hiccup.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
SabreAce, so that I don't "go chasing after ghosts", please send me the traffic file you were using. Attach it to a return post or e-mail it to don at stuff4fs dot com.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
It would seem this feature is not widely used. The problem was due to a change I made to the airport selection dialogs a couple of years ago. It's fixed in the AIFP Development Release available from http://stuff4fs.com.

Don

Country
unitedstates
It works perfectly now, Don. Thank you for your excellent support, and for developing such a useful program in the first place.