• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Texture anomaly

Messages
21
Country
us-maine
I'm not sure if this is a "texture" issue or "modeling" issue. At the center of the fuselage there appears a small line depending on how you look at it. Close-up and from most angles you cannot see the line. The farther you are (200 feet or more) and when you look from the front or rear just off center you can see it. It appears to be part of my texture "background color" not that that part of the fuselage is untextured.
I model my fuselage then I split it in half front and rear to texture it. I apply my textures to the left & right of both the front and rear. I then select both halves then "join selected" and then "snap to scale". The fuselage looks perfect other than the small anomaly. No matter how much I adjust the texture I can't get it to disappear. There has to be a setting or a step I missed. I use FSDS v3.5.1. I've also have noticed this weird background color anomalies around the tires and some other small parts. DougD
 
Wow! I didn't even think my thread got posted. I got some "Security cookie error" message. Appreciate your reply Vitus, I'll try to figure out how to attach a pic.
 
Back
Top