• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Time Table request

Country
unitedkingdom
Don,
Just noticed by somebody using 3.3.2.3, and presumably earlier, that when looking at the time table option for a multi week flight plan it only displays options to check for the seven days. No option to check for a specific day in a specific week.

Are you able to amend the coding to show a multi-week plan using the Time Table?

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I believe it already does. But only 7 days of activity is shown at a time. You should be able to scroll horizontally for day 7 and beyond.

If that doesn't work for you, please post the file set or traffic file for the multi-week plan and I'll check.

Country
unitedkingdom
Sorry, Don. You are quite correct. I just couldn't see it for looking.

However, it does bring up one question. Supposing that you load a multi-week plan into the Time Table. How can you tell which is the current week of that multi-week plan. For example in an 8-week plan which week is the current one?

I am sure that it is available somewhere, I just can't see it. Mind you I couldn't see the multi-week either.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
"Current week" is a function of system time when the file is executed by Flightsim. There is no concept of system time in the Traffic & Parking Analyser. I suppose a function to determine current week from an arbitrary date would be possible, but how much value does that add?

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I'm busy now trying to get AIFP to work with MSFS2020. I'll see what's involved in adding a "current week" function when that's done.

Please remind me in a couple weeks.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Firebird, you have asked for a "current week" indication in the timetable functions. I have now had a look at the related code. It is not clear to me at this time what additional capability I might add to address your request. Could you please be more specific about what you would like to see added to AIFP regarding "current week" (that does not require major surgery).

Country
unitedkingdom
Apologies for taking so long to respond but I hadn't visited the forum this week.

OK, whilst I am looking at the usefulness from a users point of view I will try to structure the response in a way that may help in regards to programming.
Firstly, it goes without saying that it the plan is NOT a multi-week plan then nothing really changes from the output you already show, unless they are necessary due to any changes made due to multi-week traffic.
If it is a multi-week plan then the first thing to do is work out which week would be displayed, in exactly the same way that FSX etc would do in game. Then display that weeks movements with a notation of which week it is and a mechanism to enable the user to click to either the previous week, the next week or even an individual week.

This I think would be a useful addition to AIFPs capabilities.

Presumably this would also affect the Traffic and Parking Analyser routine as well.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Knowing which week to display in the timetable would have to be based on system time. While that's (i.e. pick-a-week) easy to do, you still need a mechanism to select the other weeks. Leave it with me. I'm involved in something else right now, so it may be a week or two before I get around to it.

Incidentally, the T&PA analysis already allows you to scroll the entire length of the flight plan

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I took a quick look at the existing timetable code to get some idea of the scope of the job. I quickly realized why the feature has not been - and cannot be implemented.

The basis of a timetable is the current complement of flight plans, not an individual flight plan. However, the concept of multi-week applies only to individual flight plans. So, while what you ask for could be done if all flight plans in the file have a uniform repeat period, it has no meaning if various repeat periods are included - which is the general case.

What could be done is allow the user to enter a specific calendar date and display the timetable for the week including that date. But I question its general usefulness. It seems to me that since the Traffic & Parking Analyser, which operates over a full 8-week period (or whatever else is the maximum repeat period encountered), offers similar information.