• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX tools shows- no tools

Messages
2,388
Country
us-washington
I had FSX with SP1a. I downloaded sp2. Install report- successfull.
Went into FSX the word tools is there. open it - nothing but fsx tool. open that - FSX freezes.

Went to docs&settings\myname\appdata\microsoft\fsx found dll.xml
Opened with notepad double checked all items <false> They are.

Installed 4.60 FSUIPC

Still just the word tools shows but no tools when I open it up.

I run AFX - reconfiged it. my INstant scenery works fine.
ADE works fine.

FSDS compiles makemdl also compiled another item using .xtomdl both showed up fine in FSX.

What else do I do? Bob
 
Last edited:
Read the sticky. That's where I got the SP2.

Am I going to have to uninstall ADE, AFX, and Instant Scenery and reinstall them?

Or was the SP2 I got only for Acceleration? I got the one in the box more than 1/2 way down the wicki page.
have the deluxe FSX. That was installed, did the SP1a, didn't work, called Microsoft, on the phone with them for 2 days, got it running fine. Asked about SP2. They said I didn't need that. Now months later I give SP2 a try, thinking that installing it was all I had to do to finish the process. Boy was I wrong!

I did make a restore point before I installed SP2. Should I go back to that restore point and find the right SP2 if I have installed the wrong one? Bob
 
check report for ade is the OWL thing right? I have it. Right now everything is working except the tools menu. I only get tools on the menu bar, click it and i get FX tool. I don't dare click on that- brain freeze.

I just updated the Owl nest thing. all checked out except some tag. I repaired that. I doubt if that did anything for the tools but we shall see. Bob
 
Last edited:
Hi Folks

Bob -
Cheers.

FSX Version: 10.0.61355.0 (fsx-sp1.20070510-2038)
FSX SDK version: 10.0.61472.0 (fsx-sp2.20071210-2023)

You must install
the appropriate SDK version update
to match your FSX version.


ATB
Paul
 
Last edited:
According to your ADE report, you are running FSX/SP1 with the SDK/SP2. They should both be the same, either SP1 or SP2.
 
Wonderful. So what do I do to get to SP 2? Or should I bother? Can I uninstall this SP2, go back to my restore pint I made just before I installed this SP2, or look for an SP2 that matches what I have? If so where do I find the correct SP 2?

As I said before I have the Deluxe version of FSX. This is where I got my original SDK and installed in the default location.

I then went to SP1a but ended up where I am right now. Microsoft helped me get the proper tools working. This is where I was a few days ago when I installed THIS SP2.

I do have a downloaded copy of SP1a waiting in the wings just in case.
So, I need step 1,2,3 etc where to go to get what, and anyone's address so I can come over and do the wife's windows and dishes. :)
 
Paul & George- Whoopie-kadoodie! Wahoo! yabba dabba doo! It worked! A heartfelt thanks to both of you. Now- addresses please so I can come over and do wives' dishes and windows.... maybe even the laundry!

I did notice something. Just flattened an area with AFX and placed the small fence. I notice that when I get close and at a bit of an angle it dissappears. ...the whole thing..... back up a ways and it reappears. Ah small potatoes for now.

Gentlemen- Again, thank you for your help and patience, with this crazy Yank! Bob (Now let's see what other trouble I can get myself into!)
 
Last edited:
Hi Folks

It worked!
Congrats Bob,
Now the fun begins. :laughing:

placed the small fence.
I notice that when I get close
and at a bit of an angle
it dissappears. ...the whole thing.....
back up a ways and it reappears.
ISTR something along the lines of -
When the origin of an object
moves out of the viewport.
FSX culls that object from the viewport.

HTH
ATB
Paul
 
Back
Top