• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Traffic and Parking Analyser Error

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I cannot explain the "3.4.2.2(b) in the Main Panel title bar. But, the most likely explanation is I sent you the wrong file. (I only adjust the file properties on general releases.). In any case, attached is the a version I created minutes ago. Please run it on the same set of traffic files as 3.4.2.6.

Incidentally, the message re HTDA is not an AIFP error. It is telling you that there is no parking available at that airport. If the attached still causes the "index exception", please send me the airport .bgl for the version of HTDA on your system so that I can determine if the absence of parking is the cause of the exception.

Attachments

• aifp3426(c).zip
    451.7 KB · Views: 90
Country
germany
Okay, same errors with 3.4.2.6(c)
first run with "Addon AP" checked.
then with "collected addon AP".

TPA4.jpg

Attachments

• traffic files isue2.zip
    75.8 KB · Views: 84

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Other than the exception report, I don't see anything wrong. Since you haven't previously reported that the missing aircraft were unexpected, I presume you are not doing so now.

Please zip up ALL the traffic files you used in the test and the airport .bgl for HTDA. If the file is too big, you can e-mail to don @ stuff4fs.com

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
On a whim, I tried accessing the FS9 version of HTDA. ADE reports it can't open the file. That would certainly cause the "no parking" message to be issued and, I suspect is responsible for the exception. P)lease still send the files I requested.

Country
germany
Hello Don,
my HTDA is a beta version 4.0 I was testing for a friend.
I attach the scenery folder (without texture) because of the size.
I suppose the probem is caused by the "Complex Split" compile of ADE9.
This option creates several Bgls for an airport.
Sometimes these bgls changed (name or further splitted by BGL2XML - Editor - XML2BGL)
So AIFP has problems to find the parkings.

The second problem is the list of aircraft without radius.
These aircraft do have a radius.

The reason to use AIFP was to find out which traffic files go to HTDA and then check if there are sufficient gates/parkings there.
(Also peaks and so on)
This worked fine for many years :)

Attachments

• HTDA V4 scenery.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 89
Country
germany
Another test with a fresh clean 3.4.2.5 version worked fine.
(find/collect addon fs9 scenery before and clicking "use any collected add-on airport data")
just an additional info...

You changed something for FS2020 mdls, I suppose this caused the FS9 mdl problem (radius).

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I suppose the probem is caused by the "Complex Split" compile of ADE9.
I seriously doubt it. The airport .bgl contains lots of parking. More likely is that the collect airports routing is being "fooled" by split compile. I'll check that. Incidentally, once you have collected add-ons, there's no need to re-collect unless you actually change the complement of add-ons. Indeed, If you use the third (lowest) add-on option in the Airports menu, there's no longer any need to collect add-ons (but it won't hurt if you have.

The second problem is the list of aircraft without radius.
These aircraft do have a radius.
Yes, I'm sure they do. But AIFP is not finding them and keeps telling you that. You haven't identified that as an issue until now.

You changed something for FS2020 mdls,
I have no idea what you are referring to nor do I recall changing anything to do with FS2020 .mdls in the latest release. (I did so a week or so ago.) Perhaps you could be more specific as to why that change - which seems to work for others is the cause of this issue.) Are the aircr5aft all in the FS9\Aircraft folder or elsewhere.

Otherwise, we're not making much progress here. It seems each time you run test with a new version of AIFP, you use different traffic files. At the moment I am looking specifically for the cause of the exception - which I believe to be the result of some traffic file abberation. As I have mentioned before, What I really want you to do is revert to 3.4.2.6 and reproduce the exception. Then, simply save 3.4.2.6(c) into your AIFP folder and run the test again. Then, if you still get the exception, please send me the traffic files that were in use when the exception occurred.

Last edited:
Country
germany
"
VERSION HISTORY
Version 3.4.2.6 (under development)
 AIFP was unable to find the .mdl file and other data for members of MSFS2020
liveries. Fixed."

That is why I suppose now it doesn't find FS9 mdls :idea:

I use for every test the same traffic files, all traffic files I have in my scenery.cfg.

And once again, 3.4.2.5 is running fine...
I will see, if I can gather all traffic files with legs to/from HTDA and send it.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
3.4.2.6(c) should allow you to use only traffic files visiting HTDA. The Bulk Traffic feature Check if airport used in traffic files will do the same.

That is why I suppose now it doesn't find FS9 mdls
I'll check again.

I use for every test the same traffic files, all traffic files I have in my scenery.cfg
The screenshot you sent yesterday shows a much shorter list of traffic files than earlier shots. That's why I thought it would be a simple task yo send them to me.

Re HTDA, Collect Airports finds the correct file, and records it in AirportList_Addons.dat. If you want to use add-ons in your traffic analysis, you must select one of the three options in the Airports menu.

I look forward to receiving the traffic files soon. In the meantime, I'll take another look at why FS9 aircraft aren't being fond by the T&PA.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
VERSION HISTORY
Version 3.4.2.6 (under development)
 AIFP was unable to find the .mdl file and other data for members of MSFS2020
liveries. Fixed."

That is why I suppose now it doesn't find FS9 mdls
Yes. that is in fact the case. There was one condition affecting only FS9 .mdl files that I missed. Now fixed.

Just in case you consider the "unable to determine local time offset" statements as AIFP errors, AIFP uses its own timezone data for this purpose. That data relies on you keeping Timezones.dat up to date. Please see Section 10.8 of the user manual. It's simple a warning.

So let's concentrate on the exception.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Thx. Got it. Traffic files are all I need at the moment. The exception occurs before any analysis is undertaken. Hence my expectation that the problem lies with a traffic file.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
It would seem it's been a while since you used the T&PA. I did find a couple of issues that explain what you were seeing, but they have been there for a while. Fixed in the attached. However, I was unsuccessful in duplicating the exception - even with your files.

So, what I'd like you to do is reproduce the exception with any 3.4.2.6 or any 3.4.2.6(v) version I've sent you in the past few days. Then, simply save the attached to your AIFP folder and run the test again. Please don't collect airports. Just check the third (bottom) add-on airport option in the Airports menu, ensuring HDTA is active in your Scenery Library. I have added some test messages that should better highlight the cause of the exception should it occur.

The attached is not yet "perfect". All the issues you have noted (except the timezone warnings for which you'll have to edit timezone data) should now be fixed, but I have temporarily disabled the feature added some time ago that was responsible for the "No parking available" error. So, I'll have to find a non-problematic way to re-implement it.

Attachments

• AIFP3426(d).zip
    452 KB · Views: 88
Country
germany
Thanks Don, but no luck.
T&PA seems to stop at the "guilty" traffic bgl, but does not display any message.
fsscr064.jpg

If I click "Analyse Parking" I get this:

fsscr065.jpg

A further later test after collecting airports and marking the first of the 3 options brings no different result.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Our systems seem to be operating quite differently - which may be explainable by the different complements of aircraft and add-ons. Also, the analysis at HTDA is completed on my system.

Attempting to debug using 25 traffic files that call nearly 500 different aircraft and visit over 2500 airports is unlikely to be fruitful. So, perhaps a more min imal approach will help.

It appears the fourth traffic file to be processed refers to an invalid aircraft or airport. But, it also appears that your traffic files are scattered across several folders. So, instead of using those scattered files, use the traffic files in the consolidated folder you sent me so you control the sequence of decompilation. Then, when AIFP stops, you can simply count down to the errant file,. Next, submit only that file to the T&PA and let's see what happens.

As I have mentioned on several occasions, collecting airports is unnecessary. All you need do is enable the bottom of the three add-on airport options in the Airports menu. One of them MUST be checked if you want to see results for Add-on HTDA.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have discovered that the HTDA being analysed on my system was the stock airport. The attached will fix the "No parking available" issue and should use the add-on HTDA (if active in the Scenery Library)

Attachments

• AIFP3426(e).zip
    452.1 KB · Views: 86
Country
germany
3.4.2.6(e) :
I tested it with 25 traffic bgls (instead of >975 by renaming scenery\world\scenery to scenery\world\scenerya and creating a new folder scenery\world\scenery with 25 traffic files)
result: negative.
Back after renaming I tried it for another airport EDDM: result negative
3.4.2.5:
Both tests okay.
3.4.2.7:
Both tests negative
collecting airports and working with "Use any collected...)
Both tests negative

Sorry, but I can live with 3.4.2.5 in peace :)

Country
germany
Same as before, T&AP stops after few traffic files without an error message.
sufficient, only the first column contains all my traffic bgls when only bgls with the specified ICAO would be better
3.4.2.8.jpg

3.4.2.5.jpg

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Sorry for the delay, Guenther; fsDeveloper did not alert me to your post.

Same as before, T&AP stops after few traffic files without an error message.

Not the same as before. The "no parking at HTDA" error is no longer given. Re only 3 files shown, that's because you asked the T&PA to select only files that visit HTDA. There are three such files in the "mix" and that's what is displayed - exactly what you asked for. If you want all the files back, clear the "select only " field.