• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Traffic and Parking analyser

Hmmm....that didn't appear to do anything. KLAX and KJFK are still listed as having no parking available. I'll keep trying a few other star airports and seeing if they have the same issue.

I don't have any ideas what might be causing it this time around, but I did notice that the program gave me a warning regarding an unhandled exception upon startup (also present in 3.4.2.12) Might be worth looking into, might not.

Full text of the "Details" tab here:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Could not load file or assembly 'OpenTK.GLControl, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=bad199fe84eb3df4' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'OpenTK.GLControl, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=bad199fe84eb3df4' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
at ASToFra.ObjectRenderer.Renderer3DControl..ctor()
at AIFP3._4__Dev_.Viewer.InitializeComponent()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at AIFP3._4__Dev_.My.MyProject.MyForms.Create__Instance__[T](T Instance)
at AIFP3._4__Dev_.MainPanel.StartByTimer(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4341.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
AIFP3
Assembly Version: 3.4.2.5
Win32 Version: 3.4.2.5
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/18588/Downloads/AIFP34213/AIFP3.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 14.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.8.4300.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
ASToFra.Interfaces
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.5.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/18588/Downloads/AIFP34213/ASToFra.Interfaces.DLL
ASToFra.TextureObject
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/18588/Downloads/AIFP34213/ASToFra.TextureObject.DLL
ASToFra.ObjectModel3D
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/18588/Downloads/AIFP34213/ASToFra.ObjectModel3D.DLL
ASToFra.FSUtils
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/18588/Downloads/AIFP34213/ASToFra.FSUtils.DLL
ASToFra.ObjectRenderer
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/18588/Downloads/AIFP34213/ASToFra.ObjectRenderer.DLL
ASToFra.ObjectReader
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/18588/Downloads/AIFP34213/ASToFra.ObjectReader.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Did you install the whole zip or just aifp3.exe.? All files from the zip must be installed; the .dlls are new versions. Please confirm the main dialog title base said 3.4.2.13.

I did a clean install of version 3.4.2.5 from stuff4fs and then upgraded to the 3.4.2.13 development release, unzipped into its own folder. In my Downloads folder there's a folder titled AIFP3425 and a separate one titled AIFP34213. Just now I got a notification on startup that 3.4.2.14 is available, should I try it?

14 starts up fine, no unhandled exception warning. T&PA Star airport bug is still there, but I can be patient with that. At least I've got the regular ones working for now.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Not sure what's going on. AIFP found 253 parking spots at KLAX. It's possible there still an issue in the subsequent analysis, but I' m getting the message "all required parking available". I'll check it tomorrow.

In the meantime, perhaps you could post the traffic file of concern.

Sure thing!

I've made a few updates but hopefully the issue should be identifiable. If it makes any difference, I am using the Premium Deluxe edition of FS2020. Maybe there's differences in the way the star airport files are handled between the different versions.

Attachments

• trafficAircraft.bgl
    27.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
That looks like the default traffic file, which is what I've been using.

T&PA.jpg

If your result doesn't look like this, please post your airport file.

T&PA.jpg

OK I just checked, the trafficAircraft.bgl file attached is the one I'm using in my simulator and trying to edit, but it's NOT the default one. The default one is saved on my desktop under a different name. I just gave it the same name as the original so that there would be less chance that something would go haywire.

The trafficAircraft.bgl I attached should be about 28 KB and have ~50 different flight plans.

The SHAPES.BGL file and the KJFK.bgl file were both in Official\OneStore\asobo-airport-kjfk-new-york-jfk\scenery. There was another file called John_Fitzgerald_Kennedy.bgl in scenery\new_york_jfk but it's too big to attach. If you need it, dm me and perhaps I can work out a way to get it to you.

You think you'll need anything else?

Attachments

• trafficAircraft.bgl
    27.7 KB · Views: 14
  • KJFK.bgl
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • SHAPES.BGL
    7.1 KB · Views: 12

gadgets

Resource contributor
It all works for me. After you selected the airport and got the "all necessary parking available" message, did you "tell" AIFP what you wanted it to do with that airport data by clicking one of the four buttons in the bottom right-hand corner of the T&PA dialog?

I'm reasonably certain I did that already on at least one occasion prior to the screenshot being taken, but I did it again just in case and I can confirm the "Analyze Parking" button lists no parking at KJFK and KLAX. Time Table, Operations, and Aircraft Utilization work flawlessly as always.

I don't know about you but I'm out of ideas with regards to troubleshooting. Maybe it's time to see if I can get Don the John_Fitzgerald_Kennedy.bgl file, maybe the answer is there.
T&PA.png

gadgets

Resource contributor
What is the John_Fitzgerald_Kennedy.bgl?

You sent me one of the airport files you said you were using. It appeared to be the file from asobo-airport-kjfk-new-york-jfk. But I substituted it for the stock file and AIFP found all the parking,

If the John_Fitzgerald_Kennedy.bgl is the airport you are actually using, then we've been wasting a lot of time.

I don't know for sure what it is, but on my setup it's located in the folder D:\SanDiskSecureAccess\Official\OneStore\asobo-airport-kjfk-new-york-jfk\scenery\new_york_jfk. I would have attached it but the site wouldn't let me; it's over 200MB, which makes me think that it's the hand-crafted scenery file.

KLAX has a similar structure, with a 300MB Los_Angeles.bgl file in D:\SanDiskSecureAccess\Official\OneStore\asobo-airport-klax-losangeles\scenery\losangeles.

Is there any way to get such large files to you? I'm thinking they might be key here.

My apologies for all this, I'm trying my best to figure this out.

UPDATE:

OK I've done a little bit of experimentation. I selected the Airport --> Add-On radio button in the T&PA, searched for the airport, and manually selected KJFK.BGL, which worked. Clicking the Analyze Parking button displayed the parking usage and declared that all necessary parking should be available. Unfortunately the "Save As Default Search" tick mark in the "Select Airport For Analysis" dialog box did nothing; in order to correctly display the parking again after selecting a different airport and then returning to KJFK on the list, I had to repeat this process. I'm only hoping that the simulator is still assigning parking when it loads the Star version of the airport.

So I've got a workaround but I still think it could use some attention.

Last edited: