• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Traffic.bgl

Country
belgium
Hey,

I'm new to your software (I love the concept).
Sadly, i haven't been succesful at actually launching a flight.
I've been reading on this forum a lot to figure out my problem, But i'll just try to fix it by reading again and asking some questions if you don't mind.
So... First question:
Is there a special location to put the Traffic.bgl file ? and how important is the nomenclature ? (--> just read it's not important as long as it has bgl extention)
(sorry if it's a stupid question, i hope i didn't miss a topic on this)

Greets,
Jaël

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
As Don will tell you, I have the corner on stupid questions. If you have successfully made a trafic bgl(AIFP won't let you save it in an incorrect format), than you can copy it to FSX/Scenery/World/scenery. Or you can have AIFP put it there.

Bob

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
The folder in which you store the traffic_xxx.bgl doesn't matter so long as FS9/X can "see" it when you want the traffic to run. A lot of people (including, obviously, my buddy BobbyJack) like to use the Scenery\World\Scenery folder. However, for my own personal use, I store my traffic files in a seperate subfolder in the AddonScenery folder and then make a Scenery Library entry to control when it runs. That way, I can easily control when the traffic gets displayed.

That being said, I am constantly adjusting my setup for development reasons. Saving/controlling traffic files as I do may not offer the same advantages if you just want to let the traffic run all the time.

Don