• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v5 Transparent Glass with PBR Reflections

I'm not able to get my windows reflective:
1612542137208.png

These are my settings for the material:
1612542182689.png

This is the red Channnel of my metal Texture
1612542250417.png

Green Channel:
1612542306021.png

Blue Channel:
1612542341823.png

Any help appreciated :)

Chris

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Hello...

What are you using in the Dynmic lighting settings in options within the sim? You might have to check in the sim.

Or are you referring to reflections in MCX? Arno may not have set that in the preview yet.

Hello...

What are you using in the Dynmic lighting settings in options within the sim? You might have to check in the sim.

Or are you referring to reflections in MCX? Arno may not have set that in the preview yet.
Thanks for your reply Doug,
I know that MCX is not displaying all PBR Options. This is how it is displayed in P3DV5
1612690327867.png

It seems like the glass isn't present
1612690445794.png

Without metallic map the glass is looking more realistic, but no reflections
1612691107590.png

It works if i use the good old global environment map as reflection, but not PBR :)

Chris

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Ok. What does the albedo's alpha channel look like? It's probably set to full transparent? You may also need to drop the blue channel towards gray also. Raise the dynamic reflections setting might help.

Hi Doug,
i suppose that there is a (shader ?) problem within P3DV5 when using translucent PBR texture and reflections. Made several test with the same material and opaque objects and rflection works. Does anybody managed this on trasnlucent objects?
I'm now going back to non PBR texture for my project with handmade cube map, that works for me :cool:
1612710485964.png

Chris

Pyscen

Resource contributor
It has in the past worked (prior to v5.1), but I believe the metalness map of the metallic map (red channel) wasn't necessary or needed. In other words, it could be black.

The AO or green channel was white. The blue channel (specular reflection) controls if it was on or off. The alpha channel of the albedo controls how sharp the reflection is.