• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Tunnel/Overpass Mesh Editing

Country
ukraine
Hi there, I'm no expert in mesh editing, and I mean at all.
How would one do precise mesh editing to create tunnels/overpasses like this one? Default MFS tools do not allow this level of precision and often produce jagged edges, falloff values do nothing.

Thanks

tunnel.jpg

Country
unitedkingdom
Are you sure that is not an illusion? Why don´t you open the SDK and place some object there attached to the roof?

Country
ukraine
This is not an illusion at all, an indentation has been made in the ground which is clearly visible.

Country
unitedkingdom
Then using rectangles with heightmap, or a ·3DS/Blender object. I have not been able to find so perfect mesh stuff in MSFS. Probably someone else has found it. Anyways, it does not seem to exist a tunnel. Could you provide me with the ICAO for that airport please?
1617727447207.png

Country
ukraine
Yes what you did there looks like what I’m looking for, how are your edges so smooth?

Country
unitedkingdom
Yes what you did there looks like what I’m looking for, how are your edges so smooth?
Well, as I´ve shown you, using a Rectangle object, enabling the terraforming on it, giving it only 1 m falloff distance, and editing the heights at different points... it´s a cliff from 250m into the sea in just only 30m witdth, so.... a 90% of slope
Please, don´t forget to tell me the ICAO code of your airport, I would like to look at it carefully.
Let´s see if from here you see it clearer... each orange line, matches one profile height in the second picture.
1617728170150.png

This one makes it crystaline clear
1617728308571.png

And this last one, gives you the final aspect combining different rectangles... this is so far the best way I´ve found doing cliffs....
1617728403542.png

Last edited:
Country
ukraine
My intended slopes are the ones used for underground railway tracks - like the ones at EGSS or EGLL, also EDDF has some. These are probably 10-20m in size.

Country
unitedkingdom
My intended slopes are the ones used for underground railway tracks - like the ones at EGSS or EGLL, also EDDF has some. These are probably 10-20m in size.
Give it a go, you should be fine with this approach, you might need to adjust also the terrain surrounding the area you plan to dig.