• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Visibility conditions in the preview

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
The last development release adds a new feature that had been in my mind for a while already. I have added a way to control which visiblity conditions are shown in the preview. Until now all visibility conditions were rendered as if their condition was true. Now if you click on the Visibility Condition State button (the eye next to the LOD selection) you can select which condition is true (and thus shown) and which one is false (and thus hidden).

The screenshot below shows how the control looks for the default Extra 300 of FSX. I have selected one of the three propeller states to be shown in the preview. This makes it easier to inspect how the model looks under these conditions.

Whatever selection you make for the preview has no impact on how the model is exported. All visibility conditions are always exported.

Continue reading...

Hi Arno,
I hate to say this but I don't think the lastest release is quite right.

I just downloaded and installed the latest version (8.26 pm Eastern standard time North America) version 1.6.0.0 934890c DEV 2022-01-11.

The visibility conditions dialog box didn't appear and doing an fs9 to fsx conversion completely broke the animations. The animations were correct when I did the initial conversion before the update.

Images from inside MCX.

Original FS9 import
Auster FS9.jpg

re-import of FSX converted model
Auster FSX.jpg

The same thing occurred when I tried re-exporting as a P3D model.

sorry
Gavin

PS the FSX model looks like that in the sim as well.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Let me double check the build. I have been working on the code last evening and there were no issues.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Gavin,

I just downloaded the latest development release and loaded a FS2004 model in it. But I don't see any issues and the visibility condition state form does also open.

Maybe you can try a fresh download?

Hi Arno.
Tried again with a fresh download

1) the visibility condition state form works fine - it was my error in assuming it came up by default when importing a model. When I clicked on the icon it came up file.

2) still have an issue with exporting FS9 models in FSX or P3D format. I thought it might be something specific to the model so I tried a model from a completely different modeler but got the same issue.

the original import of the FS9 model.
C119 FS9.jpg

The re-import of the converted model
C119 P3D.jpg

I have attached the 2 models in case that helps.

I tried importing the FSX default Extra300 mddel, exporting it as P3D and re-importing it. That seemed to work without issues.

Gavin

Attachments

• fairchild c119 models.zip
    588 KB · Views: 79

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I'll have a look at the model. I did not change the export, so wonder what goes on here.

Country
france
Hi,
I confirm, I got same problem as gavinc with this release. Previous was ok for me!
JMC

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Thanks for confirming, looks like something has broken by accident. I'll check tonight what is going on.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I can confirm that the bug is caused by the recent change, now let me find out where it is :)

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I have found the bug, a new development release with the bug fix will be online in about 30 minutes from now.

Thanks Arno,
amazing responsiveness as always.

Gavin

PS, just downloaded, installed and re-ran the C-119 test. Looks like the issue is resolved. Thanks again.

Last edited:

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
In this latest update, when I load the plane I was having prop merge trouble with before it looks fine. But when I do the merge and then drag the animation slider I get this at one point:

mcx_screen_error.jpg

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
BTW, those are landing light triangles - at least they use the p92_lightlanding material. In the stable release they are invisible animated horizontal triangles.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Tom,

Would you gave a model to test that?

Invisible triangles don't exist, they might have a fully transparent material applied, but in this case no textures are loaded it seems.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Thanks, received the email. Let me have a look.