• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Website slower?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi all,

The last days I have the impression that the website responds slower. Especially for the first page I visit, after that it is smooth as always. So others see that as well?

I see slow response but it's intermittent. Most of the time the response time is OK. Then I click on a thread and it takes 20 seconds or more to return. This includes signon/off.

From France, all is correct. I don't noticed any slow response since many days

Today some slow responses "Warten auf region1.google.analytics..." in the status line of Firefox

Took two minutes to log in, this is the first time.
Orange bar across the top of the page and three small vertical bars top right oscillating in size and colour.

I have an unprovable suspicion that there's a major router out somewhere or a major DNS/DHCP failure. It's not just FSDeveloper: for me, prepar3d.com, parts of nasa.com, a couple of motorcycle forums and a load of other pages are not reachable either. Some of the time just closing the tab and opening a new one (Firefox) re-routes the request and a page may then come up immediately. That's what happened here when I tried to edit this post: at first, the yellow bar and then nothing. Page remained static. Closed the tab and opened a new one and got access immediately.

Last edited:
I have a consistently mediocre connection, living as close to the rural U.S. "sticks" as possible, an hour east of Portland in the great Pacific Northwest. Since Arno resolved the issues from the last time we had this discussion - an occasion I definitely noticed here, my relative connectivity has not changed, although some sites, usually non domestic ones, have been reluctant to load. I'd shrugged it off as a consequence of recently overheating my PC.

The fact that a modest consumer connection in the heartland, more or less, remains uninterrupted, more or less, implies international factors could be at play. Current world events do not favor open communication between widely separated parties, consider all the attention directed over how and where Starlink provides services. Some parties want open access and other parties are fervently opposed and on top of that, it's not entirely clear on which side of the debate Starlink falls. So long as the potential remains for groups or individuals to leverage their agenda in the absence of connectivity, we should anticipate potential interruptions.

For me the web site is fine, but it takes me 10 minutes to download the 20MB MCX development release. At other sites I can download 20MB in less than a minute.

Same as Tom. Forum is absolutely okay, download of MCX is very slow.

From mobile hence short

I just tested the MCX download here and it is normal as far as I can see. But let me know if it keeps being that slow.

It was that slow this morning when I downloaded the latest development release. I just tried it again and it's still slow.

Back