• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Where are Houses and Tents possibly located in MSFS for adding to Scenery?

Country
us-arizona
Hey all,

I have been learning how to place scenery and would like to know if we can place houses and tents into scenery? Some beautiful houses and hopefully tents.
There are many airport objects, but hardly any of the Autogen houses.

Many thanks.

Bill
LHC

Country
us-arizona
Many thanks for the offer, Mike.
I was hoping maybe there were existing tents already made.

I wonder where the houses are, and if we can access such house libraries in the sim? I do not seem to find a way using the Asobo system.

Country
germany
I don't think the autogen houses are available as scenery objects, AFAIK they are procedurally generated based on the shape of the satellite image footprint by the Blackshark AI.

Country
unitedkingdom
Starting a search with 'generic' will get you a bunch of apartment buildings, some of which are small enough to pretend to be houses. 'Lukla' is the only other term that'll throw up a reasonable choice but obviously they're a bit Nepalese. It might also be worth looking for anything with 'test' or 'template' in the name.

The near total lack of houses is pretty weird but I presume they presumed the autogen would be enough.

Definitely no stock tents.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
GenericBuildings are deprecated I believe, although the code still exits in bglcomp.xsd, so we are left with the business of making library objects.

Country
us-arizona
Roger that. Many thanks, Dick.

The British Scenery (homes) have some amazing models. So well done.... Wish we could link into them.

Country
canada
search for bugalaga or loon lake for some cabins/run down cabins. Bugalaga also has a grass hut. No tents at all, though you can repurpose a few models to make them look like tents by changing their size and/or mashing them together to look like something unique resembeling a tent.

Country
unitedkingdom
Many of the Asobo items are available for scenery designers.
If you look at the website called flightsim.to, a member there has catalogued every object in the vast array with an mage and a name. You can search for in the scenery editor. The files are called MSFS Airport Asset GuideV2.0 A-F.pdf, he also has pdf files through F - R and S -Z.

Hope that helps.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
A bit different than the FSX buildings
Untitled.png

Well, I am still waiting for the day when we will be able to tune the procedural buildings (height and facades textures).

Country
brazil