• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

You guys are smarter than me

Country
brazil
I'm trying to use the latest version of Scenery Activator from mendiola_loyola but I can't get it to work following the instructions. I'm posting here because I really didn't find a better place and looks like the author of the program isn't connecting to the forum, so I can't ask him, unfortunately.

The program is posted here: (version 1.10) https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/scenery-activator-for-fsx-and-prepar3d.17476/#post-777154

The instructions are
Usage:
<Target Simulator>: FSX, FSXSE, P3DV1, P3DV2, P3DV3 and P3DV4
SceneryActivator.exe <Target Simulator>
Example: SceneryActivator.exe P3DV4

But I can't find how to "say" to the program what I want(which sim version in the case). I also commented on the thread last month, but get no answers. Every time I run it says "Error reading the Scenery.cfg"

Maybe someone smarter than me can be able to understand the instructions and give me a direction.

Thanks

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
This thread title is one of the dumbest ones I've ever read.

Check my reply in the Showroom thread.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
You are not that far off either. Sorry, had to say it! :p

OP: You guys are smarter than me (title).
Heretic: That is one of the dumbest thread titles I have ever seen.
It appears to be a joke, as wordplay on the thread title. You probably want to change your sig to "Worst sense of humor at FSDeveloper."

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Thanks for the gallant defense, Rick, but I wasn't kidding. In terms of stupidity, the thread title is right on par with "HELP!!!!!!!".
From someone who managed to develop and publish a scenery, I simply expect better.

Country
brazil
I could write the title with something like "How to configure Scenery Activator tool". Yes, I could. But really, this was a little problem and it is in the General Chat forum, which is described as "For all other chatting you want to do and that does not fit in another forum you can use this one".

Actually would be better to contact the author, but as said, he isn't connecting to FsDeveloper for a long time. Heretic had helped me, and I'm glad, I would not find the solution by myself maybe, so I thanks him.

But seriously, I'll not enter a discussion about a thread title. We all have better things to do, like ask or answer what we don't know and what we know respectively.

So, thank you again Heretic for helping me with this problem, but this thread has no more meaning.

Regards

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I personally think your title draws a lot of attention. If you write "How to configure Scenery Activator tool", I would skip to read since I don't know.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Just the opposite for me, I skip threads with generic titles. :)

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
We've absconded Felipe's thread. Now let's do something epic with it.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
LOL! To be honest I did ignore this thread until I saw a number of posts from Rick and Bjoern. That sparked my curiosity. :)

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
I should get business cards with "people magnet" as job title.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Remember that the english phonetic "e" is equivalent to the german phonetic "i". Therefor yes, there is an "i" in "we"!

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Wait a moment.... 'vi'? As in that really awful early DOS and UNIX editor?

It's still being used. With all the awful commands in its full glory. And the awful file handling and...and...and...
[Curls up in a corner, crying]
Make...the...memories...stop!