• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Airport Scanner Problems

GHD

Country
england
Hi Jon,

The Scanners function seems to do nothing except print "Airport List" each time I click the "Scan" button. As you can see, I am pointing to the correct FSX main folder:

George

iss1.png

Country
netherlands
Hi Jon,

The Scanners function seems to do nothing except print "Airport List" each time I click the "Scan" button. As you can see, I am pointing to the correct FSX main folder:

George

iss1.png

hi George, as you can see in the attachement that my SDE is showing the airportlist well...
Regards
Bert

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Hi George

I do not know what is happening. It is working fine here. When you click the Scan button how long does the scanner take to read the airport records?

GHD

Country
england
When you click the Scan button how long does the scanner take to read the airport records?
Well I'll be damned. I ran it now to check the timing and it worked :confused: Perhaps it was because the first time I tried I hadn't set the FS Folder and subsequent attempts after setting it still used a blank entry.

Sorry for the confusion,

George

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
No worries - so long as it is working now :)

Country
canada
Jon,

I can confirm the Airport List bug. If you create a new SDE directory and add in your new release. The first time you set the FS directory it does not register the path - it displays but does not register - so when you press scan you get the scan returning right away.
Once you exit SDE and restart - the FSX directory is registered and the scan works.

HTH