• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Cabin or House Glow

Country
ireland
It's dusk. The chimney is smokin' but the house inside is in darkness. Some of you folks might know how to get a low glow in the window.

I tried placing several effects but none worked.

I'd be grateful for advice.

Country
unitedstates
use attitude moves up 20 feet or 30 feet so you can see smoke if the ground it may be hiding under house small smoke. Try different smoke effect It happens me not working try another similar name of smoke try smokestack or smoke or chimney etc...

Stuart

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
If this uses painted windows, use a night texture to light them up. If this uses real openings, then use night textures on the interior surfaces to light them up.

Country
ireland
After some experimentation I took the easy way out and found a different log cabin - one with a smoking chimney and interior lights from dusk to dawn.

As someone totally unschooled in object design, I am intrigued by the idea that a texture can somehow be 'clocked' so it switches off and on at certain times of day. If I knew the basis of this, I might be able to switch off the cabin lights when the occupants turn in for the night.

Deano1973

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
After some experimentation I took the easy way out and found a different log cabin - one with a smoking chimney and interior lights from dusk to dawn.

As someone totally unschooled in object design, I am intrigued by the idea that a texture can somehow be 'clocked' so it switches off and on at certain times of day. If I knew the basis of this, I might be able to switch off the cabin lights when the occupants turn in for the night.

You could script a simple XML visibility code and add it to your modeldef.xml in the SDK. The script would tell the night texture ( warm glow ) to vanish after say midnight, as though the occupants had gone to bed. I don't have a good example of a script like that, but there should be one here that you can seek out, they're quite simple once you have a go at them :)