• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Custom materials not showing after compile

Hi all,

Has anybody had custom materials not showing when placed using aprons? During the edit in the dev mode they show fine, however after compiling they are missing. I've done this before and they showed up normally, there's nothing different from the previous times i've done this other than FS's being updated with the hotfix last week.

I'm doing exactly what's being done here:

Kind Regards,

Blazer

Country
unitedkingdom
Yes. All the time.

If I enter development mode and then exit they show up fine. And sometimes they show up for the first time without doing that.

I've seen screen shots where it clearly has shown up for other people so they are in there but I don't really get why it happens.

I'm begining to think it's something about the PNG format.

I replaced the material with another material from another airport I edited previously and that one showed up fine whislt the new ones did not. Same apron, just dragged and dropped the different material (red ground runway ID, so I used a 13-31 from another airport to replace the 11-29 from the current for test only)

FIXED

Nothing to do with PNG format, but this:

Specifically this part:

f5587e648bda15638eaec9acf42f7edc706efdcb.png

Replaced mymaterials on both the "Name" and the "OutputDir" using that same format suggested above using the icao of the airport to identify.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
I use this:
XML:
        <AssetGroup Name="mymodellib">
            <Type>ArtProj</Type>
            <Flags>
                <FSXCompatibility>false</FSXCompatibility>
            </Flags>
            <AssetDir>PackageSources\rhumbaflappy-c59-modelLib\</AssetDir>
            <OutputDir>scenery\rhumbaflappy\LakeLawn\</OutputDir>
        </AssetGroup>

scenery\<your name>\<project name>\... and you could use ICAO instead of project name, or even add it to the end scenery\<your name>\<project name>\<icao>\
In the above example, the modelLib is actually named "rhumbaflappy-c59-modelLib.bg" in the package, in the 'rhumbaflappy-airport-c59-lakelawn\scenery\rhumbaflappy\LakeLawn' folder.

Microsoft uses this format:
\scenery\microsoft\Lands-End-Airport

Which is great, but they still use
<AssetDir>PackageSources\modelLib\</AssetDir>

which yields "modelLib" as the package BGL name ( not a good idea). This confuses everybody (including the sim apparently) as there will be dozens of 'scenery\modelLib' folders.

Last edited: