• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v3 Development release (s)

Country
france
HI all,
Downloaded latest development release (s) and installed. Opened P3D stock aircraft traffic file bgl to have a look, and could neither save nor save as the file set. I get two messages reporting various errors in the files, but could not go further in the process. For other traffic files I had been generating under previous versions, no problem to save or save as.
Consequently reverted to release (m), and all worked again perfect.
(P3D, ADE, and generally speaking all flightsimming related softwares run here as administrator)
Any idea?
Thank you
Philippe

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Philippe, it would help if you told us what error messages you received. I just opener the P3dV3.5 stock aircraft file without difficulty though there were a number of validation warnings - which you can either fix of leave.

Don

EDIT: Are you attempting to use Development Release 3.2.02(s) without first installing the 3.2.02 general Release? If so, you can't. Development releases are intended overwrite portions of general releases, not replace them.

Don

Last edited:
Country
france
Don,

I have been upgrading new release after new release. Yes, I did install 3.2.02 General Release when it became available, then upgraded with the various development releases. I just reinstalled the general release, then installing Development Release 3.2.02(s), and the problem is the same.
If I downgrade this new install to Development Release 3.2.02(m), then I can "save" and "save as" the stock P3D 3.4.14 trafficAircraft.bgl file sets without any problem.

Using the 3.2.02(s) version, I clicked Yes to save anyway on the Error Report.

I clicked "OK" on the Validation Report, but then nothing happens (no processing status bar, no opening window allowing me to enter where I want to save the file sets. It just returns to AIFP main window...
Stock P3D 3.4.14 trafficAircraft.bgl is the only file for which I can neither "save" nor "save as" the file sets under latest development release. This last release works as expected for all the other traffic files I have on my PC, either homemade or third party...

Headache mode ON :(

Philippe

PS : could find in one of my backups an FSX trafficAircraft.bgl (FSX uninstalled a while ago at my side), but no joy, I have the same problem. DR 3.2.02(s) will open it, but can neither save nor save as the filesets. DR 3.2.02(m) has no problems at all to handle the file.
Nota : all my flightsimming softwares are installed outside of the Program Files (x86) or Programs Windows folders.

Attachments

• save 01.jpg
    save 01.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 256
  • save 02.jpg
    save 02.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 268
  • save 03.jpg
    save 03.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Phil, I have found and fixed the problem. It was due to an extraordinarily long error message generated by the save routine which AIFP mishandled. (I changed the message handling a few development releases ago in order that the whole message could be displayed but didn't realize a list box could not handle such long messages.)

AIFP (in the next release) no longer mishandles such messages.

Don

Country
france
Don, thank you.
Looking for the next release to upgrade.
All the best to you.
Philippe

Country
france
Thank you, Don
Downloaded, installed, and already using it.
Have a good day
Philippe