• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX End user installation

Country
france
End users are always grateful to developers when the latter provide the former with a tool aimed at solving issues scenery authors are leaving over, as if customers never meet any compatibility problem or were exclusive customers of their artistry. Then, I am grateful to Arno to have helped Darren to solve issues with France VFR in the first place. I was disappointed by France VFR behaviour when they released a new version, no longer taking into account ES products. And I welcome Arno's new tool that is supposed to solve any existing autogen definitions incompatibilities, or any of those that may appear in the future.
As far as I am concerned, I am worried by the installation instructions, as well as related posts in forums, that you have to read ten times before understanding how to install and succeed in that operation.
I may be an idiot, but after reading anything, I still don't know from where to execute the .exe file. I tried right-clicking from where I downloaded it but was not prompted with a browsing window. I tried with a command prompt (admin) and "AutogenConfigurationMerger.exe install" was not recognized as a valid command line. I fear I am just in need of a clear how-to that would take non-developers by hand to an easy installation. Is it asking too much after so many months dedicated to developing such a superb tool? I guess it has not been developed for a tiny minority of highly computer-literate simmers, but for all users with autogen-related compatibility issues.

RicherSims

Resource contributor
Country
dominica
Hi Bernard. If you would like to install ACM yourself, you must tell it which sim you are installing for. From your description it seems you may have left that information out. Let us assume you downloaded and unzipped ACM to C:\Downloads\. Then what you type in command prompt is:

Code:
C:\Downloads\AutogenConfigurationMerger.exe install P3Dv3

The popup will appear; press OK. And that's it. :)

Country
france
Hi Bernard. If you would like to install ACM yourself, you must tell it which sim you are installing for. From your description it seems you may have left that information out. Let us assume you downloaded and unzipped ACM to C:\Downloads\. Then what you type in command prompt is:

Code:
C:\Downloads\AutogenConfigurationMerger.exe install P3Dv3

The popup will appear; press OK. And that's it. :)
Hi Mousy, I see. My assumption was that the .exe was able to identify the sims present in my system, and then ask to which sim ACM was to be installed. And you are right; my code was incomplete. Now, I know what to do. Thanks to all developers on this site, who produced (or contributed to) so many great pieces of software for the community. Thanks and congrats. Bernard

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
ACM should give a gui where you can select the version to install to if you don't provide it on the command prompt. But that doesn't seem to work in your case. Glad to hear you got it working.

Country
france
Thank you, Arno, for your reply. A GUI would not be enough. A path would be useful as well. On my version of Windows 10, the only way to get a command prompt ready for me to write the provided code under C:/Users/my name> (rather than C:/Windows/System32>) was through right-click on Windows, then run, then typing cmd. It was not "admin", but it worked with the code after C:/Users/my name>
But, using tileproxy, I work under Windows 10 Home, test mode, Build 10586, which may change conditions for the installation of some pieces of software, such as yours.
On running FSX I got the message "unkonwn signature", I said yes, then fsx aksed me to confirm whether I wanted to use this software anytime, I said yes again. And all went well since then. Everything seems in order as far as autogen is concerned. I would tell you if I notice anything wrong later. Thanks again to all.