• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Guess the cockpit...

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
You should set this parameter true if you need to use _L.bmp files for night lighting:

HasLightMap=1

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
I know, it's just that I didn't deal with lightmaps yet.

They work just like in FSX (sans various blending modes), right?

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
I know, it's just that I didn't deal with lightmaps yet.

They work just like in FSX (sans various blending modes), right?
They work just like FSX's "Multipy Blend" mode.

The point being that just setting that parameter now means that when you do go to add lightmaps xxx_L.bmp you won't have to spend hours trying to figure out why the heck they aren't working! :laughing:

Last edited:

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Touché. :eek:

They're not user controlled though, i.e. they show up as soon as it gets dark, right?

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Touché. :eek:

They're not user controlled though, i.e. they show up as soon as it gets dark, right?
Unless you take some action to control them, yes...

The most common use for exterior lightmaps is to create the "logo light splash" on the vert stab. For this I clone the polys that require the "logo light splash" and apply a Material to them that has the lightmap in the Ambient slot (for FS9) or the Self-Illumination slot (for FSX).

Instead of swapping the polys though, by simply moving the left and right polys a very tiny distance above the non-lighted polys, I can achive the effect I'm aiming for at very little cost.

The same technique works well for the light splashes that show up on the fuselage when the wing root landing lights are turned on.

You can control the logo lights and landing lights with the normal sim key events.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Well, so far I've tried to get things to work with help of the lightmap alpha channel (pure white = landing light activated; pure black = nav light).

It works for the landing light controlled items, but not for the nav light controlled ones.

Hm...

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
My normal procedure for FS9 has been to "lock" the landing light circuit on permanently via an initialization routine, then control all the visible lighting circuits via custom L:vars...

...then warn the users to keep their stinking fingers off the keyboard's L key! :D

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Well, I'm totally dependant on the TinMouse's gauge coding, so doing anything beyond visibility trick ain't gonna work. :tapedshut

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Wipers. I like wipers.

Also, nearly all gauges are in, but the (main) panel still needs a cosmetical treatment here and there. Everything appears to be working though. :)

After all, customised, independently controllable exterior lighting (visbility controlled "decal" polies).

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Here's a release candidate:

[Obsolete]

Includes two repaints, a broken panel.cfg for the SP177 autopilot (anyone wanna fix this?) and the paintkit.
Everything else should work (if not, well, it's a RC...).

READ THE README (or face execution)!!

Have a nice weekend.

Last edited:
Country
us-texas
Well if you leave a 737 on a board with a Member from Arctic Canada it wont take long for me to dect the smell of a 737 lol. Please dont execute me for testing in FSX with Frit's CYVQ Norman Wells doing touch and go's:D by the way i give no a break your model beta gurantee when testing in FSX Arctic Canada:D

Country
us-texas
Ok let's see my gripe list:D
1st instructions you missed the sound install part of the tinmouse panel or you get a nasty CTD error and the module must install specific.
2. No wing anti ice or heaters. You owe me a pair of long john's and a Parka:D
now overall I like your work on the VC, very nice and just right. You even got the PCDU placement right. Check the position steady light switch, she's being stubbing staying in the off position. I still like the model as it has attitude just like i like my RW 737-200C's:)

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
1st instructions you missed the sound install part of the tinmouse panel or you get a nasty CTD error and the module must install specific.

I said "Install the TinMouse II as per its instructions". This includes the sound module. ;)

2. No wing anti ice or heaters. You owe me a pair of long john's and a Parka:D

The overhead has a switch, to say the least.

If there's a function missing from any of the panels, it's a TMII limitation.

Check the position steady light switch, she's being stubbing staying in the off position.

I think this happened after having incorporated the panel lighting. I'm not entirely sure how it can be fixed.

Country
us-texas
Thank you. Weill she flew a good Cat 3 approach into CYEV at o vis. That was the AS2012 test flight and now the REX.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Good.

I'm working on RC2 and good a wee bit of feedback so far.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Here is RC2, the first "full" (plane+source files) release.

[Obsolete]

Some fixes and enhancements (see bottom of the readme).

An installation from scratch (i.e. delete "Aircraft\Boeing 737-200" and start anew, as specified in the readme) is recommended! Also, re-reading the readme might yield new information.

Last edited:
Country
us-texas
Is there a way to remove the CIVA and place in the freeware gauge FMC by Garrett Smith? CIVA is just alien to me :D

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Is there a way to remove the CIVA and place in the freeware gauge FMC by Garrett Smith? CIVA is just alien to me :D

Yes, there is. So far, you'd have to do it yourself though.

Might want to supply another configuration for this one (provided it works in FS9 *and* FSX).

Done. You need to build it yourself from the SDK though.

Last edited:
Country
belgium
I'm doing the B737-200 ADV/COMBI for Milviz (FSX/P3D only!).

MilViz is doing one too? So now we have 1 excellent freeware 732 (Tinmouse), 1 excellent payware (CS) and 1 not so great (JustFlight) and yet another excellent one coming from Milviz (looking great btw)...

Yet no-one builds a DC-8 :confused: We need to hussle!