• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA KGFL X (v3.0)

Country
unitedstates
I started the conversion of my Fs9 KGFL scenery for FSX.... Im using SBuilderX for the grounds, modding the colors to match (trying to, that is). Will make all seasons, full autogen for tree season switching... Hoping to minimize the useage of hand placed trees...

Ongoing texture creation, means I am going to redo the textures for taxiways and runways, etc... This airport may get alot of new goodies... but for the most part, its a port-over from Fs9, but alot of us know that means alot of things will be eventually redone, just because we can... :D

Enjoy, Thanks for looking...

KGFL_X_v3_ss01.jpg

Country
unitedstates
Hi Ed,

With just the image that looks good - can't wait to see it after you work your magic...
;)

Regards,
Scott

Country
unitedstates
Thanks... Messing with the annotator right now... has some quirks... but it has alot of promise.... its nice to see the trees change with seasons!!!! so, Im placing lot of autogen goodies now... trying some different techniques to see how things lay down...

fun fun fun

Country
unitedstates
Tons to do, ofcourse on the annotator, but this thing is tedious, but great results... I dont know why I waited this long to learn to use this...

There is some red in the image, i burnt it with some pure white (255), but lots to 'tweek'....

KGFL_X_v3_ss02.jpg

ollyau

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
:eek:

I'm amazed- I have nowhere near enough patience to work with the Autogen Annotator tool for that big an area. How do you manage to place all those trees?!

Country
unitedstates
The large areas are all broken up into simple polygons... the annotator lets you define an area with a polygon (i recommend more simple polygons rather than fewer complex ones...) and it will fill the area with the autogen trees...

the sparse trees can be placed individually...

even with polygon area definition, its still tedious, but works great!!!

Country
unitedstates
Another quick image... lots to do with the anotator, but this is cool... autogen is the way to go... it cuts the scenery in nicely....

much to do, much to do!!!

KGFLv3_SS_05.jpg

ollyau, its not 'every' tree you place manually... you CAN use a polygon to define large areas... but it still IS tedious, but worth it... it cuts in nicely...

Country
unitedstates
A couple more screenies....

Already working on ground polys... runway markings, etc....

much to do much to do....

KGFLv3_SS_06.jpg

KGFLv3_SS_07.jpg

Country
unitedkingdom
Very nicely done Ed, what about placing trees with the likes of an object placer program like Whisplacer, is it the same concept?

Country
unitedstates
We always love screenies, so here is a couple... its slow, but its coming along...

Thanks for looking.

KGFLv3_SS_20.jpg

KGFLv3_SS_21.jpg

KGFLv3_SS_22.jpg

KGFLv3_SS_23.jpg

Country
unitedstates
Hi Ed,

Master of the night effects - beautiful work - sir...

Is the Annotator that different for FSX vs FS9 ? Now that I am using Resampled terrain - I find Annotator extremely efficient and I can knock out a tile fairly quickly... LOL - maybe it's because I was hand planting every tree previously... I just select a block of like 15 trees I placed - copy the entire group - then paste the group over and over again until the tile is populated... Clean up the stragglers - then individually place the trees not in the forest where I have a good shadow on the ground... I don't think FS9 has that polygon select mode though...

Anyway - keep up the good work...
:)

Regards,
Scott

Country
unitedstates
Thanks guys, its should be soon...

That's a dusk shot, so it not showing ALL the night lighting full strength...

Scott, I don't think I used the annotator for fs9, so I cannot say... I CAN say that its very easy to use and using the polygon feature for vegetation coverage, you don't have to place trees individually... You can switch between poly or individual square placement... you can also place individual GUID objects from the library, so if you want a specific farm silo or grain silo, you can place that specifically... Love it! (or even the restaurant with the chicken sign too!!!)

As for scenery I will be doing in the future, it will start with SbuilderX and the annotator EVERY time... and then build it with gmax objects and Arno's tools from there up...

Country
unitedstates
Its Done! (I think...) :D

(other than a decision by me to make 2 of the hangars an FS9 model and let it use conditional triggers to open the doors... lets see how I feel tomorrow night... I may, just because I cant stop fiddling... It IS nice to have control over the opening of doors...)

KGFLv3_SS_31.jpg

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
NOW, its done...

I DID get to the opening doors... easy to incorporate, though I dont know if got the distance triggers set like Empty LOD distance, etc... I AM wondering if I use model tweeker AFTER 'CAT' to set visibility distance... I cant remember since I have moved to X... I have forgotten all the 9 tricks... I also wonder if two low poly hangars really matters as X will drop em after a distance anyways, so, I dont know if I even care to chase that...

anyways.. thanks for looking guys... I should have it uploaded to the usual suspects in a couple days...

On to 42VA v2.0