• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 P3D / MSFS Fokker 130

Osian

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Back from the dead lol , I have found my own way of mirroring the flaps and keeping the animations and scale correct, so the scale isn't negative anymore :)

(Gif that was included is gone....)

Last edited:

Ronald

Resource contributor
It's looking good.. that is the reward for doing-it-yourself instead of using (mirroring) tools ;-)
Keep'm coming these screenshots Osian!

Osian

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I was happy too soon...
In Blender it looks good, in MDX it looks horrible
d82b26e0397522e76ec09198aca64b03.png
6af1d99bde075675fa528e24811c724d.png

Any help?

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
is the main position a 0/0/0 rotation, scale and position? (scale I'm assuming is but position and rotation I think are not)

Ronald

Resource contributor
I was happy too soon...In Blender it looks good, in MDX it looks horrible
Hey Osian? you said you wanted to learn and grow right? Now how are you goign to do this without a few errors and set-back?

is the main position a 0/0/0 rotation, scale and position? (scale I'm assuming is but position and rotation I think are not)
What Frits is pointing at is the following recepy, which you must do before exporting your model outof Blender
1 - Check of all your model's animated parts start and end at the correct animation positions
2 - Check of all your model's animated parts start from FRAME ZERO! (not from frame one)

- https://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Blender2FSX_Toolset_manual

3 - Set your entire model scale to 1,1,1 (x,y,z) by following these steps:
3D Viewport, switch to Object mode, and put your cursor in 3D viewport.
Press [A] to select All Object
Press [Ctrl] and [A] at the same time
-> Little menu pops up

Choose Apply [Scale], to set the entire scale of your model in all directions (x,y,z) to 1
Press [A] again to de-select All Objects
Press [N} to open the right viewport menu
>
Select one object from your model
Look at the Right viewport-menu, Transform, Scale
Check if all scales (in the X,Y,Z direction) are 1
Repeat this of all objects inside your model
>
And if all Objects have an (x,y,z) set to 1, only then you are ready to export outside Blender.

Keep those MDX screenshots coming !

EDIT: Be sure to check all the neccesary steps before exporting, by (re?)watching the famous Krispy1001 B2FSX videos on YouTube:
-https://www.youtube.com/user/kpgamemods/videos?view=0&sort=da&flow=grid

Last edited:

Osian

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Could someone take a look at my model file and take a look what is wrong ?
This issue is really slowing me down and taking all the fun away..
e26e74cf263f4ef0f3aa8614e3663119.png

Ronald

Resource contributor
What specific "issue" is slowing you down Osian?
If you are able to define that, then others - who are willing to help you - know where to start looking for it?

Osian

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Ronald, I am still stuck with the weird animations.

Sorry I haven't answered earlier but I am very busy with an internship :p

F747fly how should I send it over ?

Ronald

Resource contributor
Hello Osian,
Your F130 animations look awesome inside Blender and nothing is wrong with them, when pressing the animation button.
Only after a quick first look, i've discovered this essential "detail" (see animation timeline image below)

Osian_f130_animatie_error_06_04_2018.jpg

If you want to export the Blender model (into FSX, P3D) , all animations must start at FRAME ZERO.while all your model's animation start at FRAME ONE.
This _could_ be the cause of many "weird effects" later on in the tool-chain as in
- Blender2FSX / Blender2P3D export scripts,
- ModelConvertorX
- FSX/P3D XtoMdl compiler

I hope this is the solution to your current animation challenge.

Osian

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Some think the project might be dead, but it is still on going, as a matter of fact, I got some textures loaded on the plane and some reflections to go with it ;)

2018-4-29_16-6-12-838.jpg

2018-4-29_16-6-25-822.jpg

2018-4-29_16-6-43-507.jpg

Animations are also becoming better with the help of some awesome people :)

Stay tuned !

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany