• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 PAPI 3D calculation

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Guenther, are you sure your ADE and AFLT parameters are the same in the screenshot above?

I get near-perfect alignment on CYYJ 09.

Country
germany
Hi Don,
sorry for my late reply (went fishing),

I deleted all of VOHY (ADE, AFLT and FS9 scenery) and repeated the projekt.

I used VASI33 for primary and VASI22 for secondary Rwy.

VASI22 looks fine, VASI 33 is like before...

https://abload.de/img/vasi2w8jyf.jpg

Tell me if you need my files.

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Please try attached.

I am having difficulty with both FS9 and FSX displaying VASIs properly. In the case of VASI33, for example, all three rows are displayed within a meter or so of each other offset laterally from the touchdown point.

I have adjusted the position of 3-row VASIs in AFLT. While I'm not able to check due to the issue noted above, I believe the AFLT lights will now appear in the proper place, not displaced by half the row spacing as before.

Incidentally, VASI33 seems to be a misnomer. My FAA/ICAO based specifications show 3-3-2, as FS9 appears to display in your screenshot.;

Also, please generate your screenshots at dusk and a little closer-in so the lights and AFLT bases show up better.

Attachments

• AFLT 4516(a).zip
    322.1 KB · Views: 100
Country
germany
ADE English Manual 1.65 :

In ADE, you can select one of thirteen different VASI/PAPI configurations:
1. VASI (21, 31, 22, 32, 23, 33) – Visual approach slope indicators (VASI) installations
may consist of either 2, 4, 6, 12, or 16 light units arranged in bars referred to as near,
middle, and far bars. Most VASI installations consist of 2 bars, near and far, and may
consist of 2, 4, or 12 light units. Some VASIs consist of three bars, near, middle, and far,
which provide an additional visual glide path to accommodate high cockpit aircraft. This
installation may consist of either 6 or 16 light units. VASI installations consisting of 2, 4,
or 6 light units are located on one side of the runway, usually the left. Where the
installation consists of 12 or 16 light units, the units are located on both sides of the
runway.
In ADE, the first number of the VASI system (21, 31, 22, etc.) refers to the number of
bars in the lighting system. The second number of the VASI system (21, 31, 22, etc.)
refers to the number of lights per bar. The VASI 33 system is different in that it has three
bars but only two lights on the far bar
. You would use this system on both sides of the
runway to create a 16-light VASI.

Version AFLT 4516(a):

https://abload.de/img/vasi33jvkqf.jpg

Vasi are displaced a full row...

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have now sorted out my FS(/FSX VASI display problem. Please try attached

As best I can tell, AFLT VASI lights now conform closely to their FS9/FSX counterparts. The FS9/FSX lights appear to be behind the AFLT 3D models due to the way BGL Lights are displayed in FS9. I don't think there's anything I can do about this. Otherwise, this is about the best I can do.

Attachments

• AFLT 4516(b).zip
    322.1 KB · Views: 105