• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

SDE Interim Build 2613

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I have made an interim release which can be downloaded here

www.scruffyduck.co.uk/files/sde_interim.build.zip

It is not available from my website pages

As mentioned in my previous post I cannot guarantee that some code that worked in 2604 may not in 2613. So please do not replace 2604 with this but place it in a new folder. I would appreciate some testing to see if I have fixed bugs reported to me, or introduced some new ones.

This build has the following:

Added raw data and BGL Format views. Information can now be displayed about the offset, record length and raw hex of each object. You can select your view from the View Drop down list. The BGL Format view only works for some objects as it is a work in progress

Added sorting of objects in the tree. This is set to alpha but is not fully functional

Added correct handling of Runway Start Elements loaded from XML. These seem to be used in some SceneGenX files. Runway Starts only turn up in XML and SDE will change them to Starts on compilation.

Added some multiple elements in the airport record such as taxiway elements used to display as a long list in the tree. They are now displayed with a group parent node. This is on-going and not all elements are so defined in this build.

Fixed decoding of airport services(fuel availability). The original method failed to get this data for all airports and in some cases got it wrong. The new method seems to be much better

Fixed handling of old style FS9 GUIDs and correct conversion to FSX Format. This should sort out problems with XML loaded from the Object Placement Tool (OPT) as well as correctly handling Guids from any XML files generated by tools for FS9.

Fixed errors reading XML instanceId.

Fixed Handling of Boolean attributes in XML files which use YES and NO rather than the more usual TRUE and FALSE. I have only see the YES/NO in SceneGenX files. SDE will change them to TRUE/FALSE

Changed the property grid used in the Test App. The third part grid used to date failed to work properly for one user. The default grid appears to be OK.

Updated control of Airport element display order when loading XML. Previous versions of SDE displayed elements in the order they were found in the original XML. This version generates a specific order (hard coded in this build). Note this is a work in progress and not completed

There are still some situations in which SDE may not read third party XML correctly but the only stuff I am seeing now is where there is a failure of validation against the schema. If you cannot get XML in because it won't validate then you can turn off Validate Incoming XML and try again. Be aware though that I cannot guarantee that SDE will take it in and not throw an error.

All feedback on this much appreciated.

Last edited:
Country
canada
Jon,

Looking good:wizard:

However...

Trigger for fuel is not using bias - displays "0" for lat, long
Windsock - still shows blank in polecolor and sockcolor in tree and the RGB values are not correct.

When I put SDE in a new folder and ran it. The example.xml file loaded without error. When I press validate I got an error that it could not find the file /work/temp.xml. Once I manually created the directory it worked.

The example.xml file from SGX download loaded without modification, except for above issues.

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Thanks Ron I will take a look at those.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I have found one thing that got broke by the code changes - you may find that some airports do not get their Taxiway Signs. I have fixed this now.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK Triggers are fixed. It DOES help if you have some code to handle the bias information in the first place :eek: :eek:

Also Windsock pole and sock colors. Another silly bug introduced by the programmer :)

Last edited:
Country
canada
Than ks Jon,

Further to this Bias issue- seems SGX only provides BiasX and BiasZ - no BiasY. The BGLComp.xsd file says fuel trigger vertex uses ctBias which is all three X,Y and Z. Can you confirm you look for X,Y Z or just X,Z

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
It only wants biasX and biasZ - biasY is altitude and not relevant to fuel trigger boxes.