• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Exclusion Builder for FSX

That is because it cannot exclude autogen. For that you need to use a tool that will create terrain exclusions. FSX KML or SBuilderX can do that. Also if you are working with an airport and using ADE you can create these exclusions

Cool, thanks ;). I'll look into that :).

-Orion
 
I'm failing at excluding a skyscraper.

I'm trying to exclude a NYC skyscraper, the new World Trade Center building, located at
N 40deg 42.81' W 74deg 0.73'

I'm apparently failing to put in the right options or coordinates.

If anyone could suggest the correct settings and/or coordinates for this in exclusion builder I'd be eternally grateful! (As I've tried for some time now without success.)
 
It will be a library object. Is it coming from the stock sim or from an addon?
 
It will be a library object. Is it coming from the stock sim or from an addon?

Thanks for the reply. Its the stock sim. I just tried again and still it does not seem to work.

I tried:
North 0.71411193832
South 40.71249569405
East -74.01129434823
West -74.01368970791

These points are far beyond the borders of the building. I must be doing something wrong, but can't figure it out.
 
What exclusion flags are you setting?

Where are you putting the bgl file?
 
It's a generic building, I believe. Be sure to exit the sim, delete the old BGL, then rerun the program.... you may be trying to build your new BGL while the BGL is active in the sim. In that case it cannot make a replacement BGL, as it is in use.

The program also puts the exclude BGL into the ADDON Scenery\scenery folder by default... you may be building replacements in the wrong folder location.

Dick
 
What exclusion flags are you setting?

Where are you putting the bgl file?

I'm using the "Library Objects" exclusion flag.
I'm putting the BGL file in the Addon Scenery/Addon folder

I use the same folder to place the replacement building, which shows up perfectly, but sadly right with the old one.

It's a generic building, I believe. Be sure to exit the sim, delete the old BGL, then rerun the program.... you may be trying to build your new BGL while the BGL is active in the sim. In that case it cannot make a replacement BGL, as it is in use.

The program also puts the exclude BGL into the ADDON Scenery\scenery folder by default... you may be building replacements in the wrong folder location.

Dick

Thanks for pointing that out, but I definitely reset the Sim after creating the file(s). I also did put the exclusion into the addon scenery/scenery folder.
 
Last edited:
OK but if this is a generic building as suggested then you need the excludeGenericBuildings flag set
 
OK but if this is a generic building as suggested then you need the excludeGenericBuildings flag set

Its gone! Woohoo! I just figured it couldn't be a generic building since it has a somewhat unique shape, but maybe they used the wrong shape for it.

Thanks guys, without you I don't know what I'd do! Probably go crazy.
 
Last edited:
Its gone! Woohoo! I just figured it couldn't be a generic building since it has a somewhat unique shape, but maybe they should used the wrong shape for it.

Thanks guys, without you I don't know what I'd do! Probably go crazy.

No worries. I would always use both flags with an unknown building
 
Back
Top