• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Recent content by haegri

  1. H

    FSXA Engine and propeller dynamics

    Here's the same sections for another working model. Again, fine pitch = reverse and rough pitch forward, both at about half throttle. According to my comments - it's a long time since I did this and I can't remember! - beta_max and beta_min seem to affect ahead and reverse respectively. The...
  2. H

    FSXA Engine and propeller dynamics

    Reverse at fine pitch setting is as expected, and so is the boat stopping if you move to rough pitch. Are you able to rev up the engine at this setting? In my model, the boat needs high revs to get it going initially, then pulled back to half throttle to maintain about 10-12 knots. Obviously...
  3. H

    FSXA Engine and propeller dynamics

    You may be interested in the following extract from the cfg of a boat model I did - the propellor section is the main one. Forward/reverse is controlled by moving the prop pitch to opposite extremes. To limit speed, try increasing the parasite drag scalar in the flight_tuning section to...
  4. H

    Backup Problem.

    Hi. I've just started to use ADE - I'm impressed at how much it has improved over AFCAD, which I used to use. However, I've twice come across the same problem. Twice I've saved the airport project 'as' another name, under the impression that the old name would be a backup I could return to if...
  5. H

    Can Trees be Removed from Autogen?

    Thanks GaryGB, that'll do nicely as a workaround. If I can't sort out the reannotation thing, I'll maybe get round to replacing the trees with garden gnomes! @toprob - do I take you to mean that if I create a new .agn file for a default landclass and put that in the texture folder for my addon...
  6. H

    Can Trees be Removed from Autogen?

    Ah - right! I'll try again, then. What is the correct format of the tree files?
  7. H

    Can Trees be Removed from Autogen?

    Right, thanks. I'll do some experimenting before I ask any more questions! BTW - having established that setting trees to zero doesn't work, I tried replacing the tree textures (in the main texture folder) by files with both the image and the alpha blanked out. Even after a system restart the...
  8. H

    Can Trees be Removed from Autogen?

    Hi. I'm trying to alter the landclass of Shetland, in the North of Scotland, where I come from, where there are virtually (and really!) no trees. I've blanketed the whole islands with a suitable background landclass, with the idea of adding in the various settlements as landclass polys (using...
  9. H

    Problem setting FSK KLM Paths in Win 7

    Solved! A google search for 'fsx kml paths' brought up a thread on this forum which explains that the paths are in the fsx_kml.ini file in the windows directory. http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22739
  10. H

    Problem setting FSK KLM Paths in Win 7

    Hi. I've just downloaded FSX KLM. The build tab will not allow me to change the folder paths (which have to be (x86) for win7). I get an error message of the 'error in module fsx klm' format. UAC is off, and I've tried running the program as an administrator in XP mode. Any help would be...
Back
Top