• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Recent content by jpfil

  1. jpfil

    MSFS24 microsoft-scenery-gliders-worldwide-part1 [solved]

    I would say yes, provided that your scene is displayed after the problematic scene, so that your polygons override those of FS24. The best way to know for sure is to try it out.
  2. jpfil

    MSFS20 Semi transparent parts of texture

    I'm continuing my exploration of transparency for my low-resolution static aircraft models. I've managed to make the cockpit of this AirTractor transparent (at.jpg). I want to do the same for my CL-415. I'm working with FSDS (I know, it's outdated, but it works... for simple models). I make a...
  3. jpfil

    MSFS20 Transparency issue

    Ah ah, very relevant! Corrected, thank you.
  4. jpfil

    MSFS20 Transparency issue

    Allo, It's me again with my transparency problems... Attached are two images of the same MDL object, one in FSDS and the other in MCX. What could explain the difference in rendering? And how can I fix it, because once converted in GLTF in FS2020, the lettering is almost completely invisible...
  5. jpfil

    MSFS20 Semi transparent parts of texture

    I've managed to get a better handle on transparency, which makes open cockpits look more realistic, on helicos and vehicles. Thanks again to Arno for his wonderful MCX, which saved my (developer's) life! Note. This is the firetruck of CYHU-MET airport (in Québec, near CYUL Montréal).
  6. jpfil

    MSFS20 Semi transparent parts of texture

    I used the same texture. Here is the desired result in FS20.
  7. jpfil

    MSFS20 Semi transparent parts of texture

    Allo, I converted the BMP to PNG using MCX, but via the batch conversion tool of the Material editor. I think that's why the alpha channel wasn't preserved. Then I used the Texture converter in the Special tools and it worked! Thanks a lot!
  8. jpfil

    MSFS20 Semi transparent parts of texture

    Merci Arno, I build my models in MDL using FSDS. I know it's not exactly cutting-edge, but since I can convert them with your MCX, I'm still using it. On my MDL, I apply a BMP texture, to which I've added an alpha channel. The result in MCX is exactly what I want. I can see the interior of my...
  9. jpfil

    MSFS20 Semi transparent parts of texture

    Hello, On a very simple static helicopter model, I want to apply a texture with semi-transparent areas (where the windows are located). These areas are gray (#999999) and the texture is saved with an alpha channel. How can I do this with MCX? Thank you. * I build my model in MDL format then I...
  10. jpfil

    MSFS20 Worldscript for ships

    https://www.google.com/search?q=msfs+navire+ai+worldscript+d%C3%A9marrer+heure+locale&rlz=1C1GCEA_enCA1138CA1138&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&aep=48&cud=0&qsubts=1774729605946&udm=50&mstk=AUtExfCVfN6lc0Bc0qrllYugUFeXF5DC7a9V3i8spsagw7c-0JVqwNRuIbR6ucGXHRvHN3oydzEfelkcg7IuOdXC1nsazbvlSTmkygHQyKIJ-piA8...
  11. jpfil

    MSFS20 Worldscript for ships

    Regardless of the ship's route, it will begin its journey wherever I place the worldscript in the sim. For example, if I place the worldscript 5 miles from the first waypoint of the route, the ship will start the script at that point, then proceed to that first waypoint and continue to the...
  12. jpfil

    MSFS20 Worldscript for ships

    My ship collection, programmed using AIBTC, no longer appears in FS24, and in FS20 the ships are no longer dockable. So, I decided to convert my collection to WorldScript programming, thanks to advice from superspud and mordak. I managed to convert one ship, which now sails on the same route...
  13. jpfil

    SDK Floating people

    I've been developing in MSFS for six years and have published hundreds of scenery packages. All my objects were always on the ground with the "Snap to ground" option enabled. This is the first time my objects aren't responding to this setting. I placed the same objects at Grand Canyon Village...
  14. jpfil

    SDK Floating people

    Hello, I'm trying to place characters (from dave's collection) on a structure in the Grand Canyon (Cheops Pyramid). All the objects have the "Snap to Ground" option checked, but they're all floating a few feet in the air. Do you have any idea why this bug is happening and how to fix it? Thanks.
  15. jpfil

    SDK Editor's objects missing in scenery [Solved]

    Hi, Are all the objects available in the editor supposed to display once the scenery is compiled and placed in the community? I created a very simple scenery with the following objects: Microsoft_Vehicles_Truck_Fire_Short_02, MilitaryTruck7tons_Bache_camo, and OCE_POI_Davis_Emergency_Helipad...
Back
Top