• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Recent content by Melo965

  1. Melo965

    Blender to FSX drag chute visible code in modeldef.xml ?

    Got it working just as I want now. One key was to switch the Spoiler to SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION. Here is the working code: <PartInfo> <Name>Test_Chute_3</Name> <Visibility> <Parameter> <Code> (A:SIM ON GROUND, bool) 1 == (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION...
  2. Melo965

    Blender to FSX drag chute visible code in modeldef.xml ?

    Thanks all for the advice. Still figuring it out. I will simplify and work with one condition at a time, and once both are working will try to recombine them. Will also dive back into the SDK and check for syntax issues etc.
  3. Melo965

    Blender to FSX drag chute visible code in modeldef.xml ?

    Building an aircraft in Blender2FSX and everything else works fine, but I can't get a simple drag chute to appear when the aircraft is on the ground and the spoiler key (/) is pressed. I have a visibility attach point coded to the part, but it never appears. Here is what the simple drag chute...
  4. Melo965

    I'm working on aircraft...

    2025 - I am working on the Armstrong Whitworth Meteor PR19a.
  5. Melo965

    Nose gear steering not working for FSX

    Problem solved, thanks so much for your help! My first rookie mistake was to put some of the c_gear animations under c_wheel. Moved all of the c_gear animations under c_gear, and just left the c_wheel animation to only handle the wheel rotation from keyframe 100 to 200. First time I tried it...
  6. Melo965

    Nose gear steering not working for FSX

    Thanks a lot! Yes I know that the animation limit of the nose gear is set in the aircraft.cfg file. Had not adjusted that yet. Just trying to get the animation to show properly first. Maybe a dumb question, but can I use the same part for c_wheel and c_wheel_FS9 as you describe above. If...
  7. Melo965

    Nose gear steering not working for FSX

    Hello everyone, Building my aircraft in Blender 3.6.5 for FSX Acceleration. I have a retractable nose gear and the gear is not down in position until animation frame 100. So I want to animate the steering between 100 and 200 only. I have been using c_wheel as the animation but the steering...
  8. Melo965

    Blender Aircraft Developers ?

    Hello Everyone, I am looking for other people who are also using Blender to develop their aircraft. Looking for people to bounce ideas off of/ ask advice/ offer my tips in the development process. I already have the Krispy1001 Blender tutorials, but they are getting really old by now. I am...
  9. Melo965

    P3D v4 Blender Issue - can't make a solid object

    I would sugget to rotate the polygon until it is as flat as you can get it with the terrain. Check from all three orthographic angles to adjust the polygon while using x-ray view. Move and rotate as appropriate. Once you are happy with the alignment, then press Ctrl-A and reset rotation and...
  10. Melo965

    Two Flight Dynamics files

    Jerry Beckwith has kindly allowed me to upload two Flight Dynamics files. They are in the Aircraft Design section of Resources. "Propeller Efficiency and Propeller Power Coefficient" Copyright © 2005, Jerry Beckwith "FS Turbojet Engine Simulation" Copyright © 2005, Jerry Beckwith These PDF's...
  11. Melo965

    Contact_Points.pdf

    Jerry Beckwith has kindly allowed me to upload his excellent description of how to properly configure landing gear contact points and landing gear suspension for FS2004, and FSX etc. It is in the Aircraft Design section of Resources. "How to Configure Landing Gear Contact Points for FS2004"...
  12. Melo965

    Looking for Jodel .Blend file - please help

    Hello Blender developers, Back when the Jodel Blender Project 1.0 file was uploaded to the Resource section here, I was still using GMax and had not switched to Blender yet. I am trying to get a copy of the Krispy1001 (Kris Pyatt) Jodel Blender Project 1.0 Blender file which is listed in...
  13. Melo965

    Camera Pods and fuselage details advice?

    Hello Sergio, Making great progress now. Thanks again for the advice. Here are a few screenshots.
  14. Melo965

    Streamlining XtoMDL Across Multiple Platforms

    Paul, Thanks for your reply. I am gradually figuring out how to export to FSX from Blender. Making good progress, I think. Appreciate the many posts you have previously made. Learned a lot from some of your other posts here on this site. :)
  15. Melo965

    Need help with 65535 Vertex limit

    Well on my way now with the diffuse texures. (Blender to FSX) Thanks a lot for the advice! :) And yes, painting is more tedious than modeling.
Back
Top