• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX A Click Spot or Icon

Country
us-northcarolina
I am trying to complete my panel 2D for the Spartan Executive and being a 2D panel on a "tail-dragger" the visibility on the ground is nil. I created successfully a popup 2D window of a landing panel like the Cessna Skyhawk has. When I popup though the main panel is behind it. I can right click and close the window but I would like to have a click spot or icon to click that will make it invisible until I want it back. How do i do that simply? Or is it possible to have it immediately disappear when I slick the icon for the popup landing window and then appear when I close the landing panel on the ground and shut down?

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Yes, you can make the main panel disappear when you click the landing panel icon. Here is code I use to do the same thing.

XML:
<Gauge Name="Notepad_open" Version="1.0">
    <!-- Copyright (c) by Tom Gibson-->
    <Image Name="Notepad_open.bmp" ImageSizes="104,136,104,136"/>
    <Size X="104" Y="136"/>
    <Mouse>
            <Tooltip>Notepads: LeftClick: FE  RightClick: Pilots</Tooltip>
            <Cursor Type="Hand"/>
            <Click Kind="LeftSingle+RightSingle">(M:Event) 'LeftSingle' scmp 0 == if{ 10050 (&gt;K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE) 10060 (&gt;K:PANEL_ID_CLOSE) 10070 (&gt;K:PANEL_ID_CLOSE) } els{ 10060 (&gt;K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE) 10050 (&gt;K:PANEL_ID_CLOSE) 10070 (&gt;K:PANEL_ID_CLOSE) } </Click>
</Mouse>
</Gauge>

When you left click, panel 10050 opens and 10070 and 10060 close. When you right click, panel 10060 opens and 10050 and 10060 close.

Country
us-northcarolina
OK but...I only have two panels: main which is 2D and Landing also 2D not three panels and the icon is 25 x 25 pixels for the Landing Panel. Image Name is IFR, a cpt icon. So, I'm confused. Please adjust the code to just make the main panel disappear when the Icon is clicked and the Landing Panel is visible and then when I click the same icon on the Landing Panel it disappears and the Main 2D panel is again visible. The window ID for the main panel IS MAIN_PANEL and the Landing Panel Window ID is 175. I tried to make some sense of your code but I am just way too novice when it comes to XML coding beyond an on off switch or a simple click icon to open a popup window. Thank you for taking time to share and help.

Last edited:

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
XML:
<Gauge Name="Landing_panel_open" Version="1.0">
<Image Name="IFR.bmp"
<Size X="25" Y="25"/>
<Mouse>
<Tooltip>Main Panel/Landing Panel Toggle</Tooltip>
<Cursor Type="Hand"/>
<Click> MAIN PANEL (&gt;K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE) 175 (&gt;K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE) </Click>
</Mouse>
</Gauge>

Not tested. Click to switch between Main and Landing Panels. Same gauge needs to be on both panels.

Country
us-northcarolina
XML:
<Image Name="IFR.bmp"
<Size X="25" Y="25"/>
<Mouse>
<Cursor Type="Hand"/>
</Mouse>
</Gauge>

Not tested. Click to switch between Main and Landing Panels. Same gauge needs to be on both panels.
Windows 10 and FSX is just plain stupid. In FS Panel Studio the gauge is on both panels but in FSX it is not on either one. I shut down the computer completely and restarted it and I think honestly this morning that a Windows 10 update which you can't avoid messed it up. It supposedly had to update drivers. Who knows what other garbage from MS got uploaded but FSX is messed up. Thank you for the gauge. It looks great and whenever I get the computer straightened out I am sure it will work great. I'm going to give it a try in P3D V4.5 which is really where I like to fly now anyway. Thank you for all you do whenever I ask for help you're always there.

Last edited:
Country
us-northcarolina
FSX is installed where it has been for months with no problems. It's Windows 10 and updates you can't prevent. Now it seems to be ok. Tom, the code doesn't work. I am going to do something later and get back here after church.

Country
us-northcarolina
It looks the same to me except for the lower case p which I am assuming is a typo. Would you give me the total code please using Tom's above or write your own. Thanks. We created a Brittain B-5C autopilot that works fantastic and this simple little gauge is being a "problem child". Obviously as I looked at your "flag" and it's kinda late there, tomorrow is fine.

Last edited:
Country
england
Just re-read .
I see that the image has no closing tag in the code, that would prevent it from loading.

XML:
<Image Name="IFR.bmp"/>
<Size X="25" Y="25"/>
<Mouse>
<Cursor Type="Hand"/>
</Mouse>
</Gauge>

try that.