• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ACM Error, will not perform merger

Country
unitedstates
Hello, hope all is well. I'm getting an error in the ACM log and autogen mergers are not happening. I searched but could not find a thread pertaining to this exact error. The error is as follows:

1:41:50 PM | AutogenConfigurationMerger 1.0.6391.34614
1:41:50 PM | Starting install of EXE for FS version Prepar3Dv4
1:41:50 PM | Newer version already installed, stopping install
1:41:50 PM | Installed ACM for Prepar3Dv4 in C:\Program Files (x86)\SceneryDesign.org\AutogenConfigurationMerger
1:41:50 PM | Installing to exe.xml
1:41:50 PM | Exe.xml: C:\Users\Kail\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\exe.xml
1:41:50 PM | FSPath: D:\P3D
1:41:50 PM | >> Found config: D:\P3D\Autogen\Materials.spb
1:41:50 PM | >> Found config: D:\P3D\Autogen\RoofDescriptions.spb
1:41:50 PM | >> Found config: D:\P3D\Autogen\Extrusions.spb
1:41:50 PM | >> Found config: D:\P3D\Autogen\AutogenDescriptions.spb
1:41:50 PM | >> Found config: D:\P3D\Autogen\AutogenDescriptions_Legacy.spb
1:41:50 PM | >> Found config: D:\P3D\Autogen\TerrainAutogenClassDescriptions.spb
1:41:50 PM | >> Found config: D:\P3D\autogen\default.xml
1:41:50 PM | Error! Stopping...
1:41:50 PM | Root element is missing.
1:41:50 PM | at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
at ASToFra.AutogenConfigurationMerger.XMLMerger.InitGlobalConfiguration(String fsPath)
at ASToFra.AutogenConfigurationMerger.AutogenConfigurationMerger..ctor(String[] args)

I'm afraid I just don't know what to do with that information. Hoping you can point me in the right direction to fix my issue. I do have a lot of Orbx stuff installed (all global products except Africa LC, many airports), and many other sceneries. Running P3Dv4.5 HF3. Please let me know what other info you might need.
Thank you in advance for your help,
Kail

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

The error seems to indicate the default.xml file in the given location is corrupt, it has no root element is the error.

How does the file at D:\P3D\autogen\default.xml look when you open it in a text editor?

Country
unitedstates
Hi Arno,
Thank you for the quick help! I was able to see 1 problem before I even opened the file, it was 0KB! Some addon installer apparently wiped out my autogen default.xml. I restored a backup created from a previous installer. I'm wondering now if there will be an issue with autogen from addons installed after the one that created the backup that I used but before the one that trashed the default.xml if they edited the default.xml themselves.
Thank you again for the help. Have a great day!
Kail

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

That's a good question. If you know which addon you installed last, you might be able to try installing it again. It might indeed contain custom autogen definitions.