• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 AI Flight Planner - Couple of possible minor bugs

Country
unitedkingdom
Fixed, also. That particular routine was not written to expect duplicate ref numbers. It now is.

Keep up the good work. We'll have AIFP2 bug-free in no time;)

Don

:D

Thanks for that. From what I am seeing, it is still leaving both aircraft with the same reference number. Would it be possible to have it renumber the aircraft on merge if they both use the same number? IIRC it used to do that

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
While the previous version did renumber the aircraft, it appears from the old code that it did not renumber the corresponding references in the flight plan.

The answer to you question is "Yes, it would be possible" but not easily. Currently, at the time the problem is detected, the flight plans haven't been loaded.

My intent was that, once you received this message, you'd abandon the merge temporarily and fix the problem manually (e.g., renumber the aircraft in one of the files in the usual manner, which would also update any FP references.)

If you see this as a frequent occurrence, I'll try to fix it later. But, right now, my main interest is getting AIFP2 stable - which I taking much longer than I had hoped given the amount of testing to which it was subjected. Please remind me in a few weeks if you think it worthwhile.

Don

Country
canada
I have made a fkight plan (VECC-VABB-CYYZ-VABB-VECC) and have noticed in the display window the VABB-CYYZ leg is departing one day later than planned using local times. In the left it shows 2/00:58 on the right it shows day as Wed, I have tired to manually change it but still shows as Wed. Also on the time table display it shows arrival into CYYZ on day early

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Thanks for the report, Kuky. So I don'r have to invent a flight plan that may of may not show the problem, please send me the one you are using and tell me what specifically to look for.

Don

Country
ca-alberta
Another small bug is that the bgl is not created/saved as per the name suggested in the compile window. The compile windows says "Traffic_xxx.bgl" and the file is saved as "flightplans_xxx.bgl".
Strange!
Ghiom

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Another small bug is that the bgl is not created/saved as per the name suggested in the compile window. The compile windows says "Traffic_xxx.bgl" and the file is saved as "flightplans_xxx.bgl".
Can you provide some details, please. I am unable to duplicate.

DOn

Country
canada
Don

I did send the file but it did not upload, I have tried a few times to upload it but there seems to be a problem uploading. I will try again later. I also get flightplans_xxx.bgl

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Kuky, please send the file to the e-mail address shown in the AIFP2 readme.

DOn

GHD

Country
england
Strange!
Ghiom

I had that today running V2.1.06. I renamed the resulting file to Traffic...

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Strange!
Ghiom

AIFP does not expect to find a traffic file names "FlightPlans***.bgl" and therefore doesn't know how to handle it. (Not saying this is the way it should work, I'm just explaining the situation.) If you had named the .bgl anything else, it would have worked.

Incidentally, There's something wrong with the file you sent me (Flightplans_AIC_WI10.bgl). Windows does not recognize it as a".bgl" file - which may have contributed to the problem you are experiencing .
Don

GHD

Country
england
Hi Don,

My files had the standard naming convention, Flightplans*.txt. Airports*.txt and Aircraft*.txt. On compiling, the resulting bgl had the name Flightplans*.bgl.

Country
canada
Hi Don

On line 3,4 & 11 departure time is 00:58 on day 2, 4 & 6 (Tu Th & Sa). ON the right shows We Fr & Su

Attachments

• untitled1a.jpg
    untitled1a.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 402

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
The DOW issue turns out to be a line of code I should have deleted some time ago.

I plan to re-release this weekend if no further issues reported.

Don

Country
canada
Don

In the time table it shows the flight arriving one day early, Mo We Fr. In the fight plan it is Tu Th Sa. The departure side seems to be fine

Attachments

• untitled2a.JPG
    untitled2a.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 451

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I regret the day I first thought about adding a local time capability.

The arrivals side of the timetable doesn't seem to take into account the day change. It will!

Don