• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

AIBTC02 Adding Duplicate Routes

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mac
  • Start date Start date

Mac

Messages
92
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
For some unknown reason Aibtc02 is adding duplicate routes to the TrafficBoats.bgl.
I did a little experiment.
I decompiled the original TrafficBoats.bgl and checked the RoutesBoats.kml.
The numbers were 400, 401, 402, 404, etc.
I then compiled the same files back to TrafficBoats.bgl. The file was larger than before.
I then decompiled the file again.
The RoutesBoats. kml showed numbers 400, 401, 401, 402, 402, 404, 404, etc.
Does anyone know what is causing this and is there a fix.
I have tried searching, with no luck, to find a solution.
Mac
 
Where did you download AIBTC02 from? Reason I ask is that I Googled it, found a website, downloaded it and it looks exactly the same as the one I have which I thought was AIBTC which does not cause any problems.
Run the program and click on HELP>ABOUT. Does is display Boat Traffic compiler 0.1?
NOTE the download link "http://lc0277.nerim.net/boat/" does not work.

I did the same exercise as you did, compiled, decompiled and using the decompiled files compiled again and it was ok.

Try downloading from https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2688/fsx-boat-traffic-compiler/
 
Last edited:
Checked the Help and it showed 0.1.
Downloaded the file from Flyaway and it did the same thing.
The first decompile on the original TrafficBoats.bgl was fine. But after compiling the file size jumped by 265kb and the
decompile showed the same problems.
Funny that it works for some people and not others.
That's what I love about computers. LOL
Mac
 
Do you have JAVA 5.0 installed on your computer?

Also try naming your files something other than trafficboats.

Also consider having all your input files in a separate folder.

Are all your routs in a separate folder withing Google Earth eg
 
Last edited:
Unfortunately I had a hard drive meltdown a month ago. I remember having this problem a few years back but cannot remember what the solution was.
I actually have Java 8, Update 101 etc.
I tried renaming files but had the same problem.
I don't think I am getting double routes running, although I do have one ship that just disappears when it is to leave.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Mac
 
Do you have all your routes in a separate folder within Google Earth eg

google earth.jpg
 
Maybe I should explain what I am doing.
I have UTX Canada installed.
When flying around Vancouver Island, B.C. I noticed that most of the ferries where either not at their docks or had run aground on a island.
I decided to fix these problems so started at Prince Rupert (using the default TrafficBoats.bgl) and AIBTC.
I timed the ferries so only one arrived at a single dock then departed making room for the next ferry to that dock.
Of course, some of the bigger centres required more than one dock, such as Victoria, B.C.
I had everything from Prince Rupert to Victoria working to my satisfaction.
I had saved some of the files before my computer problems, but noticed that things were not right at the occasional dock and decided to fix them.
This is were I stand now. I am working with the default TrafficBoats.bgl and everything is going along nicely except for the AIBTC problem and that one ferry that disappears.
So each route is numbered starting at 400, 401, 402, etc all the way up to 2858. (Covers all the ferries in the world.)
I was hoping to carry on and do the Washington State Ferries, but not sure if it is worth the effort if I keep having problems.
Maybe there is something in the default bgl that AIBTC isn't catching.
One of these days I'll do some flying instead. LOL
 
Personally I would not touch TrafficBoats.
I just decompiled TrafficBoats (I copied TrafficBoats.bgl to another folder first) and using the .kml file looked at Google Earth. Wow so many routes.
I then recompiled but didn't get the problem you describe.
Once again I would not be game to try and modify a default FSX file.
Can't help you any more I don't think.
 
Guess that's my problem. Not knowledgeable enough.
How do you correct the default ferries a without editing the trafficboats.bgl?
Is there a good tutorial available?
Thanks for the suggestions.
 
I have no idea to both questions.
Maybe someone who does will answer that.
If not start a new thread with that question as the heading.

Best of luck.
 
Just some information regarding the disappearing ship.
I notice that a road extended just past the dock into the water.
I made an exclude for the road that was in the water and problem solved. Ship departed normally.
Maybe I was looking in the wrong place when it disappeared. Should have checked the roadway. LOL
 
Back
Top