• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX AIFP leg sequencing

Hello there,

I am currently making up a lengthy once weekly AI flight plan that starts at YSSY-YPPH-WSSS-VABB-EGLL-TXKF-MYNN-MMMX-MMAA-NTAA-NFFN-YSSY. (a lap of the world, westbound, essentially) The problem I am having is using AIFP, the first 3 legs get added in order as shown in the first pic.(For the next leg, the departure airport is automatically populated from the arrival airport from the previous leg).

When I go to add the 4th leg, the flight plan seems to go out of sequence adding the latest leg at the top of the list (see Pic 2) instead of adding it at the bottom as it had done the previous 3 legs (the departure airport is not automatically populated by the previous legs arrival airport) I feel I may be doing something wrong when adding the 4th leg?

Many thanks, Chris

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 24

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
I think you may need to check the Tuesday box in that leg to move it down? Double click that line, change the box to Tuesday (only), and click Save Edits. Sometimes when I try this AIFP gets confused. I then would just delete the EGCC leg, and re-enter it, making sure I checked the Tuesday box before clicking Save Edits.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
No, AIFP is not getting confused. AI flightplans must be circular. So, the legs are always placed in sequence of departure. Your selections said the flight to EGCC departed 0546 on Monday, which was before any other flight already in the list departs, hence it was placed at the top.

I'd call that "convenience"

Thanks for your quick reply on this. May I ask why, after entering the 4th leg, then selecting "Add leg" the departure airport is no longer auto populated from the previous leg (as it has been for the previous 3 legs)?

Many thanks, Chris

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Not sure what you mean by
auto populated from the previous leg
since you are entering legs one at a time. If you give me a specific example and tell me exactly what is happening (or not happening that you think should) - preferably with screenshots,, I'll be happy to explain it

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
When I reproduce the OP's sequence and then begin to add another line without a flight number and then double click the first line instead, I get a message asking if I want to save the entry. I clicked Yes, and then get this display, with two lines selected - a little confusing:

View attachment 72799

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
The top line probably should have been unselected (but you did tell it to accept an incomplete flight plan leg). It will be fixed - eventually. But, please understand, the issue has remained unreported for over ten years.

Yes, not sure if its got something to do with the time zones?

So first pic is before I add the next leg

Untitled.jpg

The next pic is the next leg placed in the from/to fields,, before I select SAVE EDITS. I am expecting row 7 to populated next (to: MMMX) when I press SAVE EDITS

Untitled1.jpg

After selecting SAVE EDITS, below is the result, and the FP is now out of sequence?

Untitled2.jpg

Thanks for looking into this!

Chris

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
Apologies if i read this wrong but I think it is quite simple.

The issue starts with leg 6. If you notice that it is a day 2, which goes into day 3 (01:58+1).
Therefore leg 7 you have to alter the Tuesday to Wednesday and it should sort fine.

Does this solve the issue?

Hi Firebird, and thx for the reply. Yes this does solve the issue! I guess that if you look at the second pic, rows 2 and 3, AIFP changed the day itself, so I didnt think it was nessacary, and that AIFP would see that it has advanced a day...anyway, issue resolved, just need to be mindful that a manual day change is required sometimes

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
May I assume all is now well. AIFP probably (I haven't bothered to check) changes the day automatically for an over midnight leg. If the leg doesn't cross midnight, AIFP has no basis for advancing the DOW indicator

Yes, I think we can consider the issue resolved. In future, if I see a **:**+1 in the time field, I will advance the DOW one day :) Cheers Chris

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I think you've got that backwards. It's whatever it is, but I suspect the DOW looks after it self in over-midnight cases.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Usually, but sometimes during unusual editing sequences AIFP does not advance the day, or it checks two boxes - the current day and the advanced day. So you do need to check it.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
AIFP would only advance the day after an over-midnight leg had been processed. Is this your experience with the current release?

Since you categorize the situations as "unusual", some indication of their nature would be helpful. (Otherwise, don't hold your breath waiting for a fix. The FP editor module contains over 2000 lines of code. DOW control is made rather complex by the International Date Line and the use of local time. While the setting of those checkboxes is localized, the "set-up" could be almost anywhere in the code.)

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
I have never figured out a sure fire way to replicate it - it just pops up every now and then. I just keep an eye on the day boxes.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
When I reproduce the OP's sequence and then begin to add another line without a flight number and then double click the first line instead, I get a message asking if I want to save the entry. I clicked Yes, and then get this display, with two lines selected - a little confusing:
Tom. I've just posted Release 3.4.3.7 which, I hope fully addresses the issue of multiple lines being displayed in such cases.

Please give it a try and report.

Should you ever-again observe multiple days being checked, please give me as much detail as possible.