• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Airport Objects removal

Messages
6
Country
australia
I'm trying to remove FS9 scenery objects from and addon airport that isn't fully compatible with FSX. Using ADE 1.50 I open the airport .bgl but only stock objects are shown. How do I locate the addon scenery objects for editing/removal. I've tried removing the conflicting textures from the texture folder but when I run FSX and go to the airport black rectangles are displayed where the objects were located. The subject objects that I want to remove are trees that display on these black rectangles.
 
You need to place an exclusion rectangle to exclude unwanted objects that are not stock. You could place a large one in ADE but a better method might be to import the bgl file containing the placement code for the objects (if you can find it) and then place small exclusions over each object you want to get rid of. This might sound slow, boring and pernickity but large exclusions are know for their unexpected consequences
 
Back
Top