• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

An Idea For MCX?

Country
unitedstates
Hi Arno, I fully understand if you'd prefer that the development of MCX begin winding down, but I was just thinking it'd be neat if there was an option in the batch converter to export a group of jpeg preview images:

mcx_batch_jpeg.jpg

Would that be a really difficult option to add? I suppose maybe human interaction is necessary to zoom and rotate the 3D preview window prior to capturing nice screenshots, but still just being able to quickly generate a batch of preview images of objects contained in a particular object library would be so handy at times...

Just an idea, and thanks so much for what you've done with MCX already, it's an awesome piece of work :) .

Jim

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Jim,

Giving the amount of ideas still on my ModelConverterX wishlist, the development won't be winding down soon I think. And that's fine with me, since the development is most fun.

But I think there are two features available already that might help you:

1. The object report functionality. This makes a HTML page with information about all different objects in a library. It includes screenshots.

2. In the options you can specify that while doing a batch convert, that an image of the object should automatically be saved as well.

Do you think any of those two would help in your case?

Country
unitedstates
Wow Arno, the object report generator is more than I had ever dreamed of!

I'd used it before on a single object but I didn't know you could import an entire library to be indexed like this. It's brilliant, every relevant bit of info is there for every object in the library. You can even adjust the size of the thumbnail previews by resizing the MCX window prior to running the object report! Perfect!!!

Do you think any of those two would help in your case?

I think that should take care of it ;)

Thanks very much,
Jim