• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Animated flagpole

Messages
482
Country
hungary
Hello Guys!


I'm stucked with the animated flagpole. I have downloaded the one which is available in the downloads. I've exported the gmax example flagpole it is working fine. But I can not make a replica. I think somehow I miss a step, I tried to compare the attached example and my animation but I could not find anything.

What I did so far:

I created a thin box, with 4 horizontal segments. I applied a material which has the setting "Skinned mesh". The box is converted to mesh. I've added the bones on the vertexes. I applied the skin modifier from the stack and added all the bones. I made the animation. In gmax it is working like a charm. Than exported the object with the setting "export animation" and "export skin".
I miss a step I think because the flag is not animating in FS.

OR do I have to do something in the animation manager?
What do you think?

I've attached the file.

THanks for your help!
 

Attachments

Hi tsgucci,
I wished someone else take your model and tested. It was quite a long time and I'm not sure that you found your solution for that yet.
The answer is yes, you forgot animation tag.
You have to choose your bones, not the flag itself and tag them.
If you don't know how to, please go to: http://fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20241&highlight=animation
I did a mini tutorial how to do this. Please follow all the way to the last picture.
 
I attached this file for you.
Please change your material bitmap before exporting. I used mine since you didn't provide your texture to me.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top