• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Animation with wind

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aviasim
  • Start date Start date
A

Aviasim

Guest
Hey guys, not sure where to put this since it is animation, I think FSD should have its own 3ds max catagory and its own animation catagory...

Anyway, I want a 'T' to rotate with the wind in my scenery smoothly and see it change straight the way.

I also want this 'T' to only rotate to 6 different heading (which represent the 6 runways) - I do not know how to do this or if it is possible.

I have used the MDLTweaker tool so the 'T' rotates to the wind but I can not see it without having to re-load the location in sim. I read somewhere that I need to have 2 object that rotate with wind, does each object have to be a seperate BGL?

Regards and thanks in advance
 
AFAIK they don't need to be in separate BGL files. If you don't want the other one visible just reduce its scale and hide it in a building.
 
Hi,

I don't think we need a 3DS Max section, since GMax and 3DS Max are similar enough. Spreading things over too many forums makes it hard to find information. And given the price of 3DS Max it is not an option for many designers anyway.

About your question, no they don't need to be in separate BGL files, just place the object twice and make sure they are both in view when the animation should work.
 
Um, Arno he was suggesting a separate forum for FSDS users, since it is so radically different from either 3ds Max or GMax... ;)

Err, I think not:

"I think FSD should have its own 3ds max catagory and its own animation catagory..."

FSD I presume refers to FSDeveloper.
 
Yes by FSD I meant FSDeveloper.

GMax and 3ds max are very similar yes, but when using one or the other for FS there are big differences.

Join Autodesk as a student (free) and they give you a free copy of severel Autodesk products with your own serial etc.

When I search something I see alot of solutions but mainly GMax solutions...like...how to attach an effect to an object for fs2004 using 3ds max...or how to make a landable surface in 3ds max... two greatly different softwares when you think about it so having their own sub-forum would help many of us!

However, the 'T' is in its own seperate BGL how could I place 2 BGLs using just 1 BGL? this is what confuses me.

Regards
 
Join Autodesk as a student (free) and they give you a free copy of severel Autodesk products with your own serial etc.
Make sure you check the terms of your student license if you are planning to sell anything you have produced with it!

3DsMax and Gmax are sufficiently similar that there is no need for separate fora (forums?)

The question posed here is more in the "post-processing" / tweaking category anyway, so it matters little which tool was made to create the geometry.
 
Make sure you check the terms of your student license if you are planning to sell anything you have produced with it!

Oh don't worry, MY version is paid for...could of got half of got my instrument rating with that money :(
 
When placing things like airport objects (that might be used at several airports) the usual thing is to put the MDL(s) into a library object BGL (i.e. no placement information in the BGL) and then use a separate BGL file to place the library object as many times as desired (using a program like Instant Scenery makes this placement quick and easy).

Hope this helps,
 
Hi,

Slightly off-topci, but you will find less information on using 3DS Max for FS2004, since there is no official gamepack for it. The extra hurdle to export your model is enough to have less people using it. In the days we started with FS2004 GMax was really the standard. Only with FSX did 3DS Max become more popular.
 
Back
Top