• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA annotator problem

Messages
2,388
Country
us-washington
Open annotator.

call up a photoreal

choose some trees maybe legacy 2 or 3 conifer as example

set guid
polygon
draw a few polys here and there.
Maybe even veggie and place a few singles
done. Save and X out

Open FSX got scenery

whoopee! ......... NO TREES or maybe very few.

WHY?
 
Hi,

Which vegetation type (guid) did you choose?

Also how big are you polygons? Very small ones won't show up.
 
Arno- Thanx for the reply. Evidently I hear that annotator isn't all that accurate, so yes, small , single polys might show nothing. So I guess one has to experiment as to how small you can go. The other thing I learned is airport background has to be gone. Nevertheless, I noticed that some areas nothing helped. In Ione, Washington I did some trees there and it worked wonderfully. AT The Dalles (KDLS) no matter what I do no trees show up... also my photoreal seems to peel in and out in different viewpoints. I have excluded airport background and also made a flatten. I think I have been mainly trying legacy 1,2,3 deciduous, and conifers, short, tall, etc. Bob
 
Last edited:
Hi there,

I also startet my first attempts using the annotator tool and following this tutorial http://www.lhsimulations.com/LHSimu...Autogen_Annotator.html#Saving_the_Annotations

For testing i choose big polygons (for buildings - default autogen 1 roof) and little vegetation. After saving the file in the texture folder of my photoscenery and loading the sim there is absolutely nothing :(

Any idea where the problem is? The agn file has only 1kb (normal?) I only copied the default.xml fromt the FSX autogen folder into the SDK autogen folder where the annotator itself is. Is that enough?

Thanks,
Holger
 
Hi,

Autogen files are quite small if there are only a few objects in them. So 1 kb can be OK.

Do you have other scenery active that might suppress the autogen?
 
Hmm,

just mentioned that there are still a few objetcs. So generelly it seems to work. I thought every vegetation rectangle is for one tree. Seems to be little more complicated. I was hoping that autogen objects can be placed as simple as libery objects e.g. using instant scenery ...
 
First get rid of airport background; then it should be ok, but in my case in this one area I mention above.... still have trouble. Most interesting.
 
Custom ground polygons or badly designed 3d objects can also suppress a lot of autogen.

Not every rectangle becomes a tree, the rectangle is filled with trees. But for fsx I prefer to use polygons instead of rectangles for the trees, they are more flexible.
 
I had a little better luck using some kind of forest (i.e. many trees together) when using a single polygon. I had a better chance of getting one or two trees, but not always. BTW- I wonder if the update notice is fixed for MCX yet. I haven't gotten any notices at all lately. Or- for the time being should we just check for updates ourselves now and then? Bob
 
Hi Bob,

There is still a bug in the update notice that clicking on it won't work.

But I was on vacation for the last weeks, so there were no updates either :)
 
Vacation? And leave us all to get into big trouble? Hahahahaha! Glad you took some time off. Bob
 
This one area the Dalles, I have no objects, a photoreal around the general area. I think I did make a flatten and excluded the background. still the photoreal comes and goes in large squares, even then the squares don't look very good. I think the ICAO is KDLS. it is on the Columbia River just east of the gorge. Someone try it and see what you get. May it's my machine! Bob
 
KDLS autogen.jpg
You mean something like this, Bob?

Photoreal does not need any flattens.
 
roby- right. I had mentioned flattens as a wild ass guess. The other day I used your files you sent and I still didn't get any trees! Odd! Bob
 
Back
Top