• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Apron floodlights in FSX

Messages
34
Country
unitedkingdom
FSX and using either FSDS3 or 2. I have both.

I am trying to produce apron floodlights for my scenery in FSX. I don't wish to download the work of others as I much prefer to produce my own. I can build the floodlight tower but I am having difficulty in illuminating the ground below them.
I had it all figured out with FS9 and then the goal posts get moved again.

Any help which you kind people on here can provide would be much appreciated.

Andy.
 
I will recommend that you look for Bill Leaming's post in the "showroom" category "LEaming Field 33MO" where he's adapted a method.

Now, recognizing that you can't access the necessary eyecandy slots in the material editor in FSDS 3.5.1, you'd need to use FSDSxTweak to do the same.

I'm waiting for Fr. Bill to post his "method" so I can adapt it to FSDS.
 
I'm waiting for Fr. Bill to post his "method" so I can adapt it to FSDS.

Felix, the "secret recipie" for the FSX Material is the same as that posted at FFDS for the "Lotus Type" landing/taxi lights.

I'll send you a care package with what I've completed so far so you can load it in GMax and see for yourself! ;)

Bill
 
Back
Top